Question of the Day - Tuesday, June 14

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Greetings! Happy Tuesday! :dancingblackcat:

Since father's day is around the corner, figured I would ask something appropriately related....

What song reminds you of your dad?

(Or father figure/guardian respectively)

My father being a Finnish dude born in the 1940's who had a personal fondness/connection for many of these songs from the era for a variety of reasons, this always does the trick with me:

cat.gif

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Anything by Fats Waller or Jelly Roll Morton.

Cat McCannon

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Both my great-grandfathers on my mother’s side were from Finland.

The song that reminds me of my father is THE MARINE CORPS HYMN

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Anything with Pavarotti. I remember dad working out in his shop listening to opera, I made fun of him. He just turned it up louder......

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Gosh I’m not sure. I don’t remember my dad playing music in the car or at his house. The sound of NASCAR in the background or a news network are all that’s coming to mind. I guess hes just not very musical like that. When my DD was little he took a road trip to visit us with my cousin and her husband. She said the guys listened to talk radio and debated politics the whole way. :rolleyes2: Poor her. :lol:

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Not really a specific song but there were two types of music that my dad really liked. Bluegrass and Classical guitar.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There are a couple off the top of my head.

Africa by Toto because we went to South Africa together. We did this for our father/daughter dance at my wedding.

And

Smooth, by Rob Thomas and Santana because when I was into modern (at the time music), and my dad was into 70s rock, this was one song we both liked a lot.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Dad was a big Charlie Pride fan...I remember he had an album he used to listen to quite a bit.I have never been a country music fan so I never paid attention.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
'Sixteen Tons', by Tennessee Ernie Ford. He never got the chance to finish school, worked hard all his life, and never had much in the way of material things; just seven kids to feed and clothe and put a roof over our heads. But he did it, somehow.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Come down from your Ivory Tower. Dad had his aerie upstairs and went there directly after work, about 3p.m. We didn't hear much more from him until dinner time, when he came down to eat, wash the dishes, and go back upstairs. Needless to say, he didn't participate much in family life. As a teenager, I associated this song with him.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
My dad liked to watch The Lawrence Welk tv show on Saturday night which was a musical program. My sister and I would beg him to change the channel. :lol: I remember he took us to The Sound of Music and we loved it.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Anything by Steely Dan. I hate Steely Dan though, so it's a weird dichotomy if after he's gone, I want to rely on Steely Dan to remind me of him.

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
My adoptive father passed away when I was in Grade School, so not much memories.

My biological father passed away recently, but I never got the chance to be with him. Not even a single day.

My adoptive Mom never remarried.

But I wish I have something to remind me fondly of them.

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry Maria Bayote Maria Bayote . There is still a connection there with both of them no matter how faint. My heart cries for what you have missed.......
Thank you, appreciate it.
My adoptive mother loved us and tried to give us the best life possible, though. She passed in 2020, during the height of the covid pandemic, so I was not able to come home and say goodbye.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Like neely neely Lawrence Welk. This isn't music but he loved Flip Wilson in drag as Geraldine