Question of the day: Tuesday, June 11

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Good day to you all! :sun: GO BLACKHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!! :clap::clap::clap::clap: My brother is a HUGE HUGE fan and would go to any lengths or price to get seats to one of the Stanley Cup games. I honestly don't get that! :lol3: Standing room only is $250.00. Other "lousy" seats are at about $500.00. Lower level seats are $2,200!!!!! WOW. I think I would much rather prefer taking a trip to Europe if I had that much money to spend on a sporting event ticket. I know this is exciting when your town team goes to the finals in any sport, but still, I don't get how much money people will spend for seats. :slant: I guess for some, it is a once in a lifetime event. I will be just as happy to watch the game sitting at home with Larry in our own family room, snacking and drinking for free!! ;) [COLOR=#BLUE]How do you feel about those ticket prices? Would you spend loads of cash to attend?[/COLOR]

catsallaround

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There is nothing I would pay that much to attend!  I would rather take mini 1 or two day vacations a few times a year then pay that.  We did go to WWE wrestling and did not even pay 200 and that included parking.

dejolane

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I too have a younger brother who just love the Blackhawks. I'm not into sports and would never attend a game.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
:not:

Go Bruins!!!!!!!

No, I would not spend that much money on tickets for something, unless I won the lottery. :lol3:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Nope!!  I'm deffinitley not that big of a fan of ANY sport!  Fortunately neither is DH!  What we do watch; we are content to watch on TV.  And I'd rather have the comforts of home if I'm going to be stuck watching sports. 

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Go Bruins!!!!!!!

This is the jist of ALL of my 2 step-brother's posts on Facebook lately.  But a much more mild, family friendly, version of what they've been posting.  

I should probably add; they both live in Boston.
:lol3::lol3::lol3:

The Tim Tebow news has been outranking the Bruins ta;l on my FB feed since yesterday afternoon. :lol3:

kittymommy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I wouldn't spend the big bucks for any sporting event.  Though I would spend it for a once-in-a-lifetime concert.  :)

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like to go to live theater, mainly musicals. I think I've paid up to $100 for a ticket. I don't think I would pay more than that, and I don't like sports anyway, so I wouldn't pay anything to go to a sports event :tongue2:. I don't even think you could drag me along for free! :lol3:

kookycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We're not sports fans either. But I agree with Willowy about going to see a good musical show. I miss the excitement of a New York Broadway show. But there's nothing I would pay thousands of dollars to see.

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, first---go Blackhawks!

Second, the only sporting event I would pay that kind of money for would be to see my beloved Chicago Cubs In the World Series.   Guess I'll be saving my money, huh?

I, too, would rather sit in my living room in a comfy chair, in the air conditioning, with my fridge full of frosty beverages,  some salty snacks from my pantry, and a bathroom that doesn't have a block long line.

andrya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
l live about 15 minutes from the Senators' arena, and can go to cheap promotion nights, but l'd rather watch from home.

l've been stuck there near the back of the line trying to get out of parking and it's not worth the effort, whatever the ticket price.

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would spend $50 for a day of drag racing, but would not pay to see hockey, football, tennis, basketball or any of those. Maybe I would buy baseball tickets occasionally, but it is 300 miles each way to Rangers Stadium in Arlington, TX.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I like to go to live theater, mainly musicals. I think I've paid up to $100 for a ticket. I don't think I would pay more than that, and I don't like sports anyway, so I wouldn't pay anything to go to a sports event :tongue2:. I don't even think you could drag me along for free! :lol3:
AGREE with you!! In fact, just recently my brother (same one who would pay mega bucks for the Stanley Cup) took me to the world renowned Joffrey Ballet - $150.00 seats - his wife had a business meeting so he asked me to go with him so the tickets wouldn't go to waste. AND - :lol3: I don't know if I would go along to a sports event for free either!! ;)

Well, first---go Blackhawks!
Second, the only sporting event I would pay that kind of money for would be to see my beloved Chicago Cubs In the World Series.   Guess I'll be saving my money, huh?

I, too, would rather sit in my living room in a comfy chair, in the air conditioning, with my fridge full of frosty beverages,  some salty snacks from my pantry, and a bathroom that doesn't have a block long line.
HELLO LIBBY!!!! :hugs: :hugs: I love the Chicago Cubbies too. ;)

journey2heaven

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have been a Laker girl from the womb and Lord knows I would love court side seats however, the thrifty and practical woman in me trumps the girl! I feel the tv is the best seat anyway cause I get the best view and replays from different angles!

Last edited:

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Many years ago when my Carolina Hurricanes were in the finals, I would have LOVED to see a playoff game.  However, ticket prices were outrageous then too, and there's no way I could justify paying it and wouldn't even have tried.  I won't even go to regular season games anymore because they've hiked the prices up so high.  Used to be great when they were first down here and trying to get fans, you could get some great deals on good seats.  I'm content watching them on TV.