Question Of The Day - Tuesday, July 9

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello Hello! Happy Tuesday!

What could you give a 40-minute presentation on with absolutely no preparation?

Other than cats of course :tongue: considering we are a cat site, no doubt many of us are already very savvy and passionate as is. Presenting and talking about kitties would be too effortless!

For me, likely specific topics in History and of course dance. Horses and equestrian too! And I guess beauty since that is my other job :lol: considering I do demos/consultations all the time already on the spot.

How about you guys?

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hmmmm

Music, to a certain degree anyway (true music theory not so much lol), how to feed hummingbirds (this is pretty straightforward so I'm not sure about the length of time)...

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Most likely nothing, I have horrible stage fright and public speaking anxiety!

BUT...
If could get past my fears, I could easily talk about the human body and how to keep it healthy. And I'm not just talking workouts, "super" foods and trendy diets, like with the stuff that's all over social media, I mean changing body mechanics and educating on the importance of posture and proper range of motion. The illnesses that people don't realize are DIRECTLY related to improper body mechanics is staggering. How you can actually stop the need for certain surgeries like carpel tunnel, you can cure you chronic back pain and sciatica (which most people don't even have even though they think they do)...I could go on for way longer than 40 minutes LOL!

marmoset

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
TnR, Cat behavior, Innapropriate elimination (cat), things to consider before adoption etc.

Non cat topics:

How to run a roleplaying game using improvisation and preparation in order to create an entertaining space for players to be the stars.

How to be an effective player in a roleplaying game, how to support your game master and other players.

The pros/ cons of algal oil in industry as an clean biofuel source. I'd need to brush up on my notes but that was the last long presentation I gave.

I simply ADORE public speaking. Give me a topic and a little time and I'll deliver!

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If I could bring myself to do it, I would have a few options. I like a bunch of stuff, much of which I studied in and out of college.

Literature, particularly Beowulf, Shakespeare (or many of his plays), Chaucer (and/or his popularization of the English language), King Arthur Legends, fairytales and folklore, Joseph Campbell and literary archetypes, The Scarlet Letter, the Modernists, Gothic Literature, The Venerable Bede, The Laugh of the Medusa (or literary theory in general), and women writers through history

Film/TV, including philosophy and lore in Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Firefly, Star Wars, or Game of Thrones; modern use of fairytales and folklore in film/tv; archetypes in film /tv; female representation in film; the occult in film/tv; Modernists films (like Metropolis), the rise of the Gothic in films; modern retellings of Shakespeare/Beowulf/and other well known stories; and the meaning of monsters in film/tv

Random stuff: Occultism, ancient and modern witchcraft, comparative religion, black holes, wormholes, the fall of the Venerable Model of Reality, the destruction and disenfranchisement of indigenous people, the Bible (lots of topics I could go with there), the proto-cities of Çatalhöyük, microethics, and the arguments for and against evidence of goddess worship in prehistoric times.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Planning or Zoning
Making Bread

Washing an iPod in the washing machine (seriously, I've done three of them now; I'm an expert. And I'd try like heck to make it last 40 minutes.)

Lola3791

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Probably The Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit, The Silmarillion ect. I bet I could go longer than 40 minutes. :lol:
My favorite TV shows like All in the Family, Family Matters, The Jeffersons, Archie Bunker's Place...
My favorite books and movies.
Aren't I boring? :D