Question of the Day - Tuesday, July 7

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello to all! Happy first Tuesday of July!

So let's go ahead and do a light summery question for today:

Where's the most beautiful beach you've been to?

It's been awhile since, but first comes to mind is definitely Saint Francois (and all the surrounding areas) in Guadeloupe. There were plenty of lovely beaches in PEI and Novia Scotia too! Although not many are swim-safe :lol:. There is also quite a few nice lake beaches in my area, which is great.

Anyhoo, it was SO pretty and very quiet. Not sure if it grew in popularity since, but nevertheless!

I feel like I'm due to explore more beaches in the future! :thumbsup:

b957ba5694c767a339da56f15f2b026a.gif

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I went to a black sand beach in Hawaii, which was super interesting! I don't know if it was most beautiful, but it was the first to pop in my head.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not much of a beach person, but I suppose I would say the beaches of Lake Superior in Duluth, MN would rank pretty high for me. Anywhere north of me is beautiful.

CatLover49

All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello to all! Happy first Tuesday of July!

So let's go ahead and do a light summery question for today:

Where's the most beautiful beach you've been to?

It's been awhile since, but first comes to mind is definitely Saint Francois (and all the surrounding areas) in Guadeloupe. There were plenty of lovely beaches in PEI and Novia Scotia too! Although not many are swim-safe :lol:. There is also quite a few nice lake beaches in my area, which is great.

Anyhoo, it was SO pretty and very quiet. Not sure if it grew in popularity since, but nevertheless!

I feel like I'm due to explore more beaches in the future! :thumbsup:

View attachment 342152
Happy first tuesday of July to you and all the members and moderators etc on tcs:);)

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't been to many in my life...Daytona and St. Petersburg were nice,but my absolute favorite and I long to go back to someday,were the Outer Banks in North Carolina.Maybe not so beautiful,but wonderful enuf to me it made a life long impression.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am not really much of a beach person. You see the question about mountains or beaches a lot and I would always rather be in the mountains. I would like to see the wild horses in the Outer Banks. I guess they have managed to get them into four areas that aren't developed and they are protected which means taking some type of tour to see them.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do not the beach. Sand. Sun. People. Gross water. Did I mention sand? I watched "The Blue Lagoon" when I was younger and thought the water was pretty. Too bad about the sand.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
My name should be beach. I lived in Ft. Lauderdale for 4 years and I thought the beach was so beautiful.
Used to go to Key West every February when I was married and while beautiful, there were a lot of rocks, but
I didn't care, I would be there for hours.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't really travel, other than Florida when I was a kid, so I don't have much experience with the ocean. But here in Ontario (Canada), we have beautiful lakes, and there are two beaches that are tied. One was near a small town called Zurich (ON), where the beach was on lake Huron. It was just such a huge expanse of clean sand and water, and the area was known for HUGE waves, which were so fun. The other was at a place called Melwel Lodge in Ironbridge ON, the lodge is located by a small private bay off Basswood Lake. The most crystal clear water, where at even 30 foot deep water you can see the bottom clear as day, it was like a swimming pool.
If you want to talk nostalgia, "The Pit", near where I grew up was the best. Just a local swimming hole, that not too many people knew about. But because we live an area of sand, basically, all water/swimming holes have some sort of beach.

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The beach at Ucluelet, British Columbia. I'm from the prairies so I'd never seen anything like it before. It had starfish!