Question of the Day - Tuesday, July 5

pearl99

Pearl, my labrador who loved cats. RIP.
Top Cat
Purraise
In the 1980's I went cross country skiing here in Colorado above timberline with a friend and did not put on enough sunscreen. Neither of us did. My face swelled, my lips swelled, I had to call in sick the next day. It hurt!
It blistered. And I used enough sunscreen from that day forward. Luckily I haven't developed melanoma...this was 40 years ago.
Ouch!!!!

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My mom was very vigilant about putting sunscreen on us as kids and I carried that into high school (despite being teased for putting on sunscreen for track practice), so I haven't really had very bad sunburns. I think I did have a semi-bad burn playing softball in high school because a medication I was on made me more susceptible to burning.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
I've lived in Queensland quite a bit and that's all about sun and sea. But oddly I think the worst could have been in Tasmania. Clear skies and the lack of humidity compared to Qld makes it really bad and quite a few people are hospitalised in Summer. I didn't get that bad, but it certainly wasn't pretty.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I went snorkeling once and got badly burned on my back. I applied sunscreen but it must have worn/washed off. It was awful, just peeling for ages.