Question of the Day - Tuesday, July 26

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
They just solved the case of the Somerton Man in Australia found lying on a beach in 1948 with DNA.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
They just solved the case of the Somerton Man in Australia found lying on a beach in 1948 with DNA.
I was just reading about that. It still leaves so many questions unanswered though. If he had been married and lived and worked in Melbourne why didn't anyone at the time come forward to say they knew him? Why were all the labels removed from his clothes? What was the "spy code" written in the book? And how exactly did he die, was he murdered, poisoned by accident or did he take his own life?

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
1, Jack the Ripper
2.Isdal Woman
3.Jon Benet Ramsey
4.Joan Risch (disappearance)
I forgot this case. It was up the road from where I lived at the time, and I remember it being in the news. I go past that site often and think about her every time. In July, 1995, a dismembered woman was found in a suitcase in a tunnel in East Caln, PA. I grew up in that area, and the Twin Tunnels were well-known. There are actually three tunnels. Her legs were found many miles away, in January, 1996. She has never been identified. Here's the Doe Network case file (WARNING: graphic descriptions and a crime scene photo of the open suitcase.) The other link is the Twin Tunnels:
147UFPA
The Scary Twin Tunnels of Downington, Pennsylvania
Twin Tunnels