Question of the Day - Tuesday, January 28

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey Everyone! Happy Tuesday! :geekcat:

If you have the ability to speak to only one animal species in the world, which would choose to communicate with and why?

No doubt kitties would be a popular response :lol: for very understandable reasons (I would be on the same boat) but I would also probably opt for some sort of bird...likely crows. Very intelligent with good memories, and if I ever get stuck or trapped somewhere would be a great opportunity to ask for help!

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Since cat would be the obvious answer as you said, another one would be dogs.

I would really, really love to be able to talk to my 3 dogs. I want to know if they are happy and contented with our family, and what else can we do to make them the happiest, like this fella over here.
890945B3-F1A1-41CF-AFC2-C55BA081A02A.jpeg

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cats because obviously I would love to be able to have conversations with Demi & Maggie.

Anything else would be secondary, but I love llamas and horses, so it might be fun to talk to them.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I kind of feel like I can already talk to my cats though. They understand English and they show me what they want. They usually do what I say, like get in the carrier or get back from the door.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think I would want to be a able to communicate with an animal that is known to be in large numbers and moves around a lot. Crow was one that was already mentioned, but maybe mice or another to the that same extent. It would be a great way to be "in the know" for pretty much anything going on with the weather and even events or dangers around the area. They could communicate like a chain like in the 101 Dalmatians movie (barking dog chain), and then tell me what's up.
That or I would want to be able to talk to mosquitoes and black flies, so I can tell them to stop biting me!!!

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well yea cats so let us get that out of the picture.
I'll go with dolphins because once I swam with them, and it was so apparent there was intelligence in them and I really would have liked to have known what was going on through their minds and to have been able to have had a conversation with them - although in a way, I feel like I did.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
The Australian Magpie. They are extraordinarily intelligent and they get around. They recognise human faces and bring their young to introduce them to friendly humans. I have a wonderful relationship with the ones who have 'adopted' me and would love to take it further. :)