Question of the Day - Tuesday, January 21

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Other than leaving my cats, I don't like the sheer exhaustion when I come back home. It's not even from jet lag. I'm a person who cannot go someplace I have never been and just "relax" and do nothing. I want to explore and see EVERYTHING. When I went to San Francisco in 2017, I walked 45 miles in the 5 days I was there. It's a good trip when I come back exhausted, but I wish I had more time to recover at home before I have to go back to work, so that's really the thing I hate: not having recovery time.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Trying to get somewhere without going on a plane and leaving the girls alone.

And Rick needs to go, go, go! Doesn't matter where we are, there's no such thing as sleeping in, as taking a rest, as having a nice, leisurely dinner. Nope. Go, go, go. Check this out. Oh, let's do that! We must look at this! It never stops. Don't get me wrong, I love to sight-see and check things out. But I also like long, leisurely strolls in the early evening and nice, long dinners.

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not being home! It sounds silly I guess, but I love being at home. Plus I worry about home when I am gone for extended times. I am paranoid, I guess. I have only flown 3 times. First time was when my Mom passed away and I had to go home for the funeral. The next was a year after the 9/11 attack. That was scary. I flew back to Florida to pick up a cat. My last flight was for vacation. I made the mistake of having my husband do all the arrangements. That was one EXPENSIVE vacation. He didn't look for deals. I have done long distance drives 1200 + miles with just the kids and me as well as later on driving down to North Carolina for shows. I think I would rather fly when going long distances, but I don't like flying with a cat. My problem with flying is that you are putting your life in the hands of someone you don't know and I have a trust issue with that. My friend who is a commercial pilot laughs at me about that.