Question of the Day - Tuesday, February 9

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello Hello! Happy Tuesday! :redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump:

So in the Spirit of Saint Valentine's Day.....

What is your favourite love story or couple? (Fictional or Real life) What is your favourite romantic Movie, Book or TV Show?

Not really into the romance genre at all in terms of books or movies - However, I confess I am a sucker for "Ever After". One of the few movies I've re-watched over the years. The mix of historical references, comedy and the whole unique "Guy is totally turned on by intelligent, strong and cultured girl" I can't help but enjoy.

Favourite historical couples....I have a good few. Marie and Pierre Curie is an obvious choice, I love the equal partnership, respect and passion they had. Both professionally and socially.

Emperor Justinian and Empress Theodora of Byzantine is another one. A badass power couple and a marriage of equals, where he valued her as an advisor and she helped promote the rights of women (Prohibited the trafficking of young girls, daughters inherited with their brothers, made pimping illegal and altered divorce laws to give better rights to women). And she even helped save the empire and his throne! How cool is that?

Queen Isabella of Castile and King Ferdinand. A complex mention and too long to get into here, but can't help but list them for a variety of nifty reasons.

(Can you tell I lean towards a theme here :lol: I'll stop now)

ANYWAY How about you guys?

Mr. Meow

Special needs cat expert.
Super Cat
Purraise
I don't really have a favorite couple, book or show (romantically-themed anyway) but I am a huge movie guy.
The Adjustment Bureau is a great love story, and Warm Bodies is too (albeit a strange one).
I usually shy away from the "love" topics, movies, shows etc. I've picked a lifestyle (work and special needs cats) that's not very conducive for relationships ☹

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I'm a sucker for old films so my favorite love story couple would be Humphrey Bogart and Ingrid Bergman in Casablanca, even though they didn't end up together at the end of the movie he made that sacrifice for her. 💔

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:lol:my favorite love story would be about my gf and i long story back in high school i unkowingly used to park in front of her house with my buddies to drink and smoke pot etc. i am 11 years older than her so she was a lil kid peeping out her window spying on us:lol:drinkin an smokin. :lol:ruined her times trying to sneak out cause the lil boys were scared to park and pick her up to sneak out for the night😈. fast forward about 20 years or so later to my last trip to prison fresh out on parole i meet up with some buddies of mine who just happened to be friends with her to. so first time i am taking her home i realized she lives on the street i used to park on to do my drinkin and smokin. i start telling her about my high school days etc.and she asks me where you always in this kinda car?:lol: i said yeah turned out all the times i told my friend hey i think some one is watching us from that window was her and i wasnt paranoid:lol:it was her! soo we begin really dating around a year or so later i finally find out she is the same age as my baby sister(i did make sure she was over 18 right when we met but i assumed she was around the age of my buddies since she knew them:lol: it threw my for a loop finding out they went to school together by that time was already game over for me i was in love with her:lol:soo i am the dirty old man according to her but it was the best decision of my life asking her to be my gf:)her love and devotion has been a blessing in my life sticking by me after my stroke and being the reason and motivation to quit living my life crooked she and i were meant to be

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What is your favourite love story or couple? (Fictional or Real life) What is your favourite romantic Movie, Book or TV Show?
Queen Victoria and Prince Albert is a great story. I love all the movies based on that. My favorite romance movie is Sweet Land. Favorite TV romance is Grey's Anatomy. Favorite romance book is probably The North & The South, or something by Nicholas Sparks or Danielle Steel. I also love Hallmark movies and old classic movies.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love Ever After too. :lol2:

Hmm... My favorite is my grandparents. Grandpa was most handsome of his senior class. Grandma worked at the card counter of a local department store and wouldn’t give him the time of day.:lol:

He kept asking her to write him but she had a boyfriend and told him she was already writing 7 guys (WW2; most were her brothers). Eventually she came around and my great grandmother covered for her when she took the train to Louisiana where he was stationed.:lol:

Gram passed just a few weeks before their 70th wedding anniversary. Grandpa was devoted to the end. Even when he couldn’t go visit he’d snip flowers from the backyard (they were big gardeners) to send to her room or stop at the store to buy some kind of treat to give her. It might be olives from a deli bar or a cream puff at a bakery; whatever new idea he had for something she would like. He was mostly feeding her at that point. But he never stopped dating her.:redheartpump:

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Fictional TV:
Rory Williams and Amy Pond from "Doctor Who" (My husband is a "Rory," although I am not much like Amy. I would, however, pull time apart for him.)
Angela and Dwight from "The Office"
April and Andy from "Parks and Rec"

Fictional Books:
Henry and Clair from "The Time Traveler's Wife"
Hester and Dimmesdale from "The Scarlet Letter" (even though I want to scream at Dimmesdale)
Tita and Pedro from "Like Water for Chocolate"

Non-Fiction Books:
Heloise and Abelard from "The Love Letters of Heloise and Abelard" and from the fictionalized account in "Stealing Heaven" (Like Dimmesdale, Abelard needs to be screamed at, but I love the story)
Gertrude Stein and Alice B. Toklas from "The Autobiography of Alice B. Toklas"

Fictional Movies:
Clementine and Joel from "The Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind"
Mrs. Lucy Muir and Captain Daniel Gregg from "The Ghost and Mrs. Muir"
George and Mary Bailey from "It's a Wonderful Life"
Jamal and Latika from "Slumdog Millionaire"

Fictional movies based on true events:
Kumail and Emily from "The Big Sick"
Stephen and Jane Hawking from "The Theory of Everything"

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
fictional would be sleeping beauty and prince charming ( i think that was his name )
Prince Phillip is from Sleeping Beauty and Prince Charming is from Cinderella; but I honestly don’t remember their names from the movies. :lol: Except Prince Eric from The Little Mermaid. Somehow I knew his name even though that wasn’t my favorite.:lol2:

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
I have always been a hopeless romantic. I gravitate towards movies and TV shows that have swoon-worthy love stories.

I love the movie "Notting Hill". I love the lines Julia Roberts said, "I'm also just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her."

For a TV show I like "Lucifer" and his love story with the detective Chloie. From Asia two of my favorites are "Descendants of the Sun" - beautiful love story between a soldier and a doctor, as well as "Something in The Rain", a story about a woman who has fallen in love with a much younger man - like my own story with my husband.

allmykitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Cinderella and Prince Edward in The Slipper and the Rose. One of the few versions that gives the prince as much backstory as Cinderella.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love the movie "Notting Hill". I love the lines Julia Roberts said, "I'm also just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her."
Is that the movie where Julia Roberts asks Hugh Grant- "Can I stay a while?" And then he says- "Stay Forever."
Swoon. I would love to say that to a guy or have it said to me. I'm gonna say it if I ever get the opportunity. :thumbsup:

Last edited: