Question Of The Day - Tuesday, February 5

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello Everyone! Happy Tuesday! :redheartpump:

Favourite Valentine's Day chocolate/sweets/candy?

I love cinnamon hearts! And those chewy hearts from Laura Secord. And truffles. Sucker for a typical chocolate gift set too :lol:

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I actually really like the Necco conversations hearts, but ONLY the Necco brand. The Brachs kind are terrible. I also like the individual Russell Stover chocolates that are always around from Halloween until Easter with various holiday shapes. My favorites of those are the Truffle, Coconut Creme, and Caramel.

LuvDeezKittez

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My dad would always "surprise" my mother with her favorite candy on Valentine's Day: dark chocolate nonpareilles. He would travel to a specialty candy shoppe and sometimes I would tag along. I loved watching the chocolatier scoop the candies, weigh them on the scale and ask my father if that was enough. He'd always add more. Whenever I see that candy it makes me sentimental and remember how much he loved to give her small romantic gifts. :hugs:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
It has been a lot of year since anyone bought me anything for valentines so anything would be nice. But I don’t like to get flowers, they are beautiful but so short lived. Chocolate on the other hand is pure joy.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My favorite is Ferrero Rocher, but since they make that year round, I guess it doesn't count.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
None of the above. I prefer a quiet dinner out somewhere at a nice restaurant and flowers.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I can't think of anything specific to Valentine's day but I do love high quality dark chocolate. Preferably Belgian.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
I actually really like the Necco conversations hearts, but ONLY the Necco brand. The Brachs kind are terrible. I also like the individual Russell Stover chocolates that are always around from Halloween until Easter with various holiday shapes. My favorites of those are the Truffle, Coconut Creme, and Caramel.
Did you read about the Necco candy hearts disaster? :disappointed:

My dad would always "surprise" my mother with her favorite candy on Valentine's Day: dark chocolate nonpareilles. He would travel to a specialty candy shoppe and sometimes I would tag along. I loved watching the chocolatier scoop the candies, weigh them on the scale and ask my father if that was enough. He'd always add more. Whenever I see that candy it makes me sentimental and remember how much he loved to give her small romantic gifts. :hugs:
What a sweet memory! :heartshape: The dark chocolate nonpareils are my favorite, too. But hubby doesn't get them for me, I go buy my own. :lol: