Question of the Day - Tuesday, February 2

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Greetings! Happy first Tuesday of February! I hope you are all having a great day today :lovecat4:

What’s a common experience for many people that you’ve never experienced?

Broken a bone! I can't speak for everyone else but reasonably common occurrence around me, from fellow kids during my childhood years to adulthood now. Like broken arms, ankles, legs and noses for instance. For a long variety of reasons, from sports to work related. I've had other types of injuries and a buttload of stitches, but never broken anything. Hopefully it stays that way, I'm cool with that! Although of course I genuinely sympathized when it has happened to others.

I've also never gone clubbing, never interested me to do so :lol: And even though I like the occasional drink I've also never once been hungover! :yess:

(And I guess having kids too, now that I'm in my 30's. And I don't want any :tongue:)

How about you guys?

tenor88888.gif

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't have any kids and I think the time has come and gone, I could technically still have them, several people have at my age, but not sure if I want to....
Doing drugs. It's a big problem around here, and I have never tried nor wish to try them. I've also never been hurt enough to warrant anything more than an OTC Ibuprofen or acetaminophen, so I've never even had prescription drugs before.
I do not own a cell phone or Ipad....and I'm holding off as long as I can.
I do not nor will I ever have a twitter, instagram, snap chat, etc. account...useless time suckers IMO. This site is the only online social platform I use. I do have a facebook account but never use it. My only posts on it are from 2009? (I think) when I created it after my mom asked me to because she used to be a snowbird and wanted to keep in touch....she soon realized that I never used it so she just continued to e-mail and call me and post her pictures on my husbands account.

I can't think of anything else....

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have never:
Gone clubbing. By the time clubs became a 'thing' I was too old for all of that
Had a smartphone. My old flip phone suits my needs, thank you
Had a Twitter, Facebook, Snapchat or any other social media account, save this one. 'Nuff said.
Broken a bone. From when a cow stepped on my foot when I was a kid until I got tossed through the air by a chunk of steel that hit me in the face, my bones stayed intact. The rest of me? Not so much.
Had kids; unless you count our furbabies
Been to New York City. Despite the bazillion people that visited NYC pre-pandemic, I haven't been one of them
Been to an art museum
Eaten yogurt or tofu

Last edited:

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Romantic attraction/sex/romance/dating/marriage:
I'm a-spec; I absolutely don't understand any of it :dunno:.

Clubbing, etc.:
ugh, why? There's nothing about that I would enjoy.

Getting drunk/high:
I understand why people do it, I think. But I've seen too many lives ruined to risk it. And I'm scared to give up control.

I've never had stitches or broken a significant bone (pretty sure I've broken a toe or 2). Well, wait, maybe the oral surgeon put stitches in when my wisdom teeth were removed. But I couldn't feel them and they didn't have to be removed so I'm not counting them, lol.
never been in jail
I really hope going to jail isn't a common occurrence! :lol:

But for the record, I've never been to jail either!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Never got married
Never had kids
Never went to college
Never did drugs, not even pot
Never been in love, though I always think I am at the time

I used to smoke cigars sometimes, on the dance floor. I never inhaled though. :lol:

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have never;
Had so much as a sip of alcohol. (It caused quite the scandal during my First Communion. Do they still serve actual wine? I am excommunicated, so I am a bit out of the loop.)
Smoked anything
Been around or taken any recreational drugs
Ridden a bike
Eaten any fruits other than some of the citrus family
Eaten ketchup or other tomato-based sauces (allergy)
Eaten a tomato (allergy, obviously)
Eaten yogurt (I could go on and on with the foods due to allergies and my cibophobia)
Had a suntan (I have a type of allergy to the sun. I burn and get very sick with a rash all within a short time of being in the sun.)
Been on any amusement rides other than the swings and the merry-go-round (heart conditions)
Had a crush, unless you count fictional characters. (My husband and I are both demisexual.)
Worn shorts or skirts that come above the knee
Received a grade lower than a B on anything (The professor was the sort who told the class the first day that if they received a B, they might as well take it as an A because he does not give As. I hated him and, all these years later, I do not forgive him for that B.)

Last edited:

Xraystyle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I've never been fishing or hunting. I've never fired a gun. I've never been drunk or high (even though I have been around many people who were.) I've never been in mutual love, so never been married or lived with an SO, never really had an SO, never had kids (don't want them, in my early 30s so counting down the days until people stop expecting me to change my mind lol), I've never been to Texas (the whole rest of my family has, haha), never been arrested...what else...that's probably it for most common things people seem to do where I grew up.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have never been drunk, smoked, done drugs of any kind, shoplifted, been to Starbucks, drank coffee, had an energy drink, been in love, eaten Bagel Bites. I don't know why the Bagel Bites one is prominent as something I've never done. I guess it's something that's been around all my life but it's never something that looks appetizing, so even though I eat a lot of frozen foods, Bagel Bites are a no.