Question of the Day - Tuesday, August 3

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hellooooooo! Happy Tuesday! AND Happy first Tuesday of August!

So in honour of the Olympics, let's have a sporty related question :D

What sport did you think would be boring/uninteresting to watch, but once you tried it was actually exciting?

Weight Lifting for me - I actually never really found it boring per say, but like many of the Olympic sports that aren't "Mainstream" it's not often broadcasted on TV so was intrigued to have a go at it. Anyway, I anticipated that I would be casually interested but upon watching it further I ended up cheering and rooting for the athletes enthusiastically lol For something that is perceived as "simple" looking for the lack of a way more better term (Using it loosely, I know it's hard to do) it was fairly engaging!

kitten-cute.gif

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Probably golf - I find it boring to watch when my husband has one of the tournaments on tv but I have a close friend who started playing and said I should give it a try.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Track and field…especially the longer runs. (DH’s favorites because those were his events in his younger days.) I mean I can’t stand watching people drive in circles for hours; so why would I like watching people run in circles? :lol:

So the sprinters and hurdles are better than expected. I don’t understand when people wear basically underwear then add knee high socks. But whatever. At least it doesn’t last as long as other events and since I’m watching from home there isn’t as much “blank” time between events either.

DownTheLane

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I don't really know, I have the most interest in the sports I used to play myself, or wish I could play but can't. I really makes me miss sports at times😭 but it is what it is

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Women's soccer. As a rule I am not into watching sports on TV except for the Redskins. But I really got caught up in watching the USA women's team playing hockey. Volley ball not so much.