Question Of The Day - Tuesday, August 27

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey Everyone! Happy Tuesday! :tabbycat:

Have you ever had a psychic reading? Did you believe it? Was it accurate? If you never had one before, would you do one?

I actually had two! One was done by a family friend of one of my own close friends, done for free. Another was done by a professional in her own office/boutique, where it cost $40 (Student discount apparently, which was good since I wouldn't have gone any higher. I've known people who paid $75 and up for a reading) my coworkers and I had dinner after work and went together for light fun and simple curiosity.

The family friend one was relatively close with some things that were accurate in the moment (Granted of course, she was a family friend of one of my friends. Even if we had just met, who knows what info there was prior) but so far about 12 years later since I had that reading, nothing really came true regarding actual predictions. The professional one had something right with one thing, but probably was a bit worse off in terms of other inaccuracies, unanswered questions and so far her predictions of the future hasn't entirely manifested either. At least not yet, I reckon. Who knows! This was about 8 years ago now.

As for believing, probably leaned more towards the first one. Or at least wanted to believe, since she said a prediction that was quite lovely and that I desired. But again, hadn't happened so far, well past the age where she told me when it would happen specifically. It was suppose to happen at the age of 23, and I am 31 now - Unless she got the numbers reversed :tongue: I was 18 at the time, and also said nice things about ancestors watching over me. Anyway I likely won't pay for another reading anytime soon either, no matter how tempting it may be. Skepticism isn't skimpy here.

Ah well, it is what it is! How about you folks?

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, I have. The woman didn't know me at all, but she was fairly accurate in describing my situation at the time. I don't remember any predictions.

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
I've a friend whose mother was a curandero, or Mexican psychic. He freely admit she was a total fraud. She, like most other psychics, could read people and pick up clues not visible to most people. She based her predictions on that and people's reactions as she progressed.

I've done the same thing for fun.

So no, I don't believe in psychics.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
No, never had one. I too believe that psychics are very good at reading people. They start out in a general way, watch reactions and then go in a more specific direction based on the person's reactions.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
I am a psychic so no need to go get a reading from anyone else. I read myself and people I know sometimes. I'm accurate 99% of the time. Sometimes, if I allow my thoughts and emotions to influence me negatively, a reading can be off.

I never talk about it because people often times don't believe me and are very judgmental so it's kind of a secret. I only tell close friends who think it's interesting. I'm the best at reading people I have a close emotional attachment to. I'm an empath.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have, decades ago when it was very in vogue to do, and while the person hit on several thing that were *right*, there were far too generic and I'm far too aware of the amount of fraud possible.

Going for fun and giggles? Yea sure but going to solve your problem and get answers for serious issues? Um NO.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not for myself, but I have consulted with a couple animal communicators. One I didn't believe for various reasons, but the other seemed right on the money with a number of things. I do believe it's possible, but a lot of people are fakes so it's hard to know what to believe. If I had the opportunity, I would do it.

Lola3791

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have never had a psychic reading nor do I intend to have one. I don't believe in it.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
No, I never had a psychic reading but I'd be open to try it if someone else paid for me. ;)

mightyboosh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The million dollar prize is still there from the James Randi foundation for anyone that can prove anything psychic.
Like I said, it's still there, many have tried.

VinceL

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
No, never had one. I too believe that psychics are very good at reading people. They start out in a general way, watch reactions and then go in a more specific direction based on the person's reactions.
:yeah:

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have had a few of them done. I had one at my all-night senior party after I graduated high school. The woman said I had earth hands and she saw me around horses. At the time I wanted to own a ranch (even though I'm not a huge fan of horses). So I'm sure she picked up on that.

I had another one done a few years later and the woman said she saw me surrounded by animals and that I would meet my husband at work (apparently a vet clinic) and have a son and a step-daughter. At the time I was considering becoming a vet tech. I ultimately did not follow that and I am still single.

The last one I went to was over a decade ago. The first thing she said to me was that I am a good person. I was going through a hard time dealing with intrusive thoughts from OCD, so having her say that to me actually brought me a lot of comfort because I was doubting it.

My grandma went to a psychic in the late 90s and was told she would have twin grandchildren. My aunt was pregnant at the time and everyone thought it was going to be her. A few years later, my uncle had twin daughters. Nobody thought he'd ever have kids because he had testicular cancer when he was in his 20s.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've had my tarot read a couple times. I don't remember much from either time, so I don't know if it was accurate or not.

My great-great grandma was psychic - she was predicting deaths as a child and was sent to the US from Ireland to live with a priest relative, so I do believe in it, but I feel most people who do it for money or are famous are fakes. It seems like something you wouldn't be able to call at will, but comes when it wants to.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
It seems like something you wouldn't be able to call at will, but comes when it wants to.
This. Exactly. For me, it's not just something I can sit with someone at a table, hold hands, and it comes to me. I'd also never charge money for something like this. Then again, I'm not out actively seeking people to read.

I'll be at my computer and it comes to me out of nowhere (like a soft whisper). I'll contact whoever it is for or if it's too vague, I'll just let people know that this is a potential upcoming event. Usually within a few weeks, it comes to pass.

ashekitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I had a tarot card reading about a year ago that was extremely accurate. I am a very skeptical person though, and I can't say for sure whether it was just a coincidence or not. Either way it was a great experience. :)

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Not a psychic reading, but there were old women who "knew" how to read cards and we used to visit them semi-regularly. They would charge $3.00 for a reading.

One of the women got some things right (things that nobody knew, I never told another soul ever, and that scared me, TBH) and some things wrong. In general, that woman was pretty scary or at least I always thought so. The other woman was pretty general, saying things like, "You will live to be aged" and things like that. She was friendlier.

I would assume by now that both women have been deceased for a long time.