Question of the Day - Tuesday, April 20

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I was going to say Jimi Hendrix but I see a few others have got that covered so I'll bring back Nick Drake.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You took the words right out of my mouth! I heard Taxi on the car radio today and it brought back memories. I actually saw him at a fundraiser in a small church in Eugene, OR when I was visiting my sister.
I remember where I was and what I was doing the first time I heard Taxi. It was like the world stopped for a few minutes. I never got to see him in person, but his music touched my heart.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Jim Croce - I loved his music and he was as much a poet as a singer. Starry starry nights and Time in a Bottle are a couple of his hit songs but he had many other beautiful songs as well.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I remember where I was and what I was doing the first time I heard Taxi. It was like the world stopped for a few minutes. I never got to see him in person, but his music touched my heart.
And I remember where I was when I heard when he died. It was on state route 104, a few miles east of Williamson, NY. Michele and I were bringing our uncle back from his cabin in the Adirondacks when the news came over the radio.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
Bill Withers, who passed away just last year. “Ain’t No Sunshine” and “Lean on Me” are wonderful songs. There was something special about his voice.