Question of the Day: Tues. Oct. 13

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I almost forgot the QOTD because it feels like Monday

My question has to do with clothing and seasons.

Do you change out the clothing in your drawers/closet when the seasons change? (example: putting summer clothes away, and pulling out the big heavy winter sweaters)

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I put away my summer shorts but I keep my tops because I like to layer clothes during winter. And in the spring I always put away all winter clothes cuz I hate them, heavy clothing is just annoying and uncomfortable for me to wear, and i don't want to be seeing it in my closet, I wish I lived in a warmer climate. And of course winter clothes make it hard to find much else around them.

snosrap5

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Not down here in Florida. I will pull a few sweaters from the back of the closet but on most days you can still wear t-shirts and shorts year round.

grogs

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
There's a great deal of overlap between the hot and cold seasons here and that makes it difficult to swap things out cleanly. I put my jackets away for what I thought was good in late May and the very next weekend we had a cold day and I had to pull it back out.

That said, I do some rotating. I have a pretty large walk-in closet and I try to keep the clothes I'm most likely to wear near the front. Right now, it still has all my short-sleeve clothes, but in another couple of weeks, I'll push the short-sleeves to the back and pull the long-sleeves forward. I don't put them in storage or anything, I just rearrange the racks. In the Winter, I'll also keep a jacket hanging by the door and a pair of slippers for when I come home. In the Summer, the jacket gets put away and the slippers get changed for flip-flops.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by snosrap5

Not down here in Florida. I will pull a few sweaters from the back of the closet but on most days you can still wear t-shirts and shorts year round.
now that is just cruel and unusual punishment, saying that as I think about what to wear. (pants + tanktop + sweatshirt + warm socks)

snosrap5

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Snake_Lady

now that is just cruel and unusual punishment, saying that as I think about what to wear. (pants + tanktop + sweatshirt + warm socks)

But there are times I wish I could see snow at Christmas and into the New Year. It's a double edge sword sometimes.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

But there are times I wish I could see snow at Christmas and into the New Year. It's a double edge sword sometimes.
true enough. I'd be and have been, quite disappointed when we have a green xmas..... but could do without it aside from xmas

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I rotate my kids clothes, because they have a lot of clothes.

Myself, I don't need to because I don't have near as many clothes, and even in winter I will wear tanktops because I layer my clothes. All my bulky stuff is hung up in a closet, so the drawers can hold shorts/tanks/capris.

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Yes. Even though I'm not a clothes horse, my closet is still not big enough, so I box up stuff and put it in the attic. Of course, there's so much stuff up there, nowI can't find some of my Fall/Winter sclothing!

gardenandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yes I do I put away my shorts and t shirts take out the warm pants sweaters and sweat shirts, dig out mittens and winter coat and my winter boots

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
all my clothes are just kind of together when it gets to winter i tend to get my fleece jackets out but ill still wear stuff from the summer time to many layers is better than one thick jumper hehe

kara_leigh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, I have a place for everything so it all stays put. There is a lot of overlap here too. For the past couple days it has been in the 30's/40's with snow, but later this week it is supposed to get back up to the 70's again. I also wear a lot of my tshirts and shorts around the house in the winter and you never know when we'll go on a vacation to somewhere warm and I don't want to have to go digging for warm weather clothes.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wear t-shirts and jeans pretty much year round. In the winter I add another layer or two over them, but I'm just as likely to put a sweatshirt over a t-shirt in summer, too. I get cold easily, year round.

My jacket came out last week, though.

I haven't worn shorts in close to 15 years!
I don't care how hot it gets here in the summer, my legs are always covered in bruises so it's jeans for me.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't own enough clothes to actually do that. I only put the basics in drawers (t-shirts, socks, underwear, pajamas and some of my pants) and the rest gets hung up in the closet. I have a large walk in closet so it can hold all of my clothes and all of my husbands clothes.

lynsey

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yes, in fact this is something I should do this weekend. Vacuum pack my shorts and put those under my bed while putting my sweats and flannel pj's into my dresser.

junebugbear07

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
LOL no I dont....you never know here in California, when you will need your shorts weather is unpredictable lol. My cousin wears shorts year around....well I guess compared to teh snow where he lived in Oregon, its slightly warmer here....or he is just crazy!! Im bad about putting summer clothes away anyways lol

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have different closets for different clothes of the season. My office at home has a closet so I put the off season clothes there. My bedroom closets have the clothes of the season, it makes it easier. I also change my hand bags and shoes of course to match the season. Summer nighties get put away and out come the long sleeved flannels
, even the warmer slippers come out
Right now I am happy as a pig in mud since it is Autumn and I just love this season

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

same feelings here in a tropical place....

Originally Posted by Snake_Lady

I almost forgot the QOTD because it feels like Monday
lol!

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nope, my sweaters, jackets, and winter gear live in the closet, and the rest of my wardrobe lives in a dirty laundry basket in the bathroom, or a clean laundry basket ontop of the drier in the laundry closet(I have washer and dryer in a small hall closet) because it the only place in the house that the cats haven't figured out how to get to YET but there working on it....