Question of the day - Thursday 9 July

mama africa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A small digital kitchen scale I bought about 5 years ago.
I needed it to check if Missy was gaining enough weight as a kitten, but I've never used it again.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
A smaller crockpot that I bought so I wouldn't always have to use the larger one. However, I've only used it once or twice. :hmmm:

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Probably the slow cooker. It's been decades since that got used! I haven't used the panini press, the electric spice grinder or the mini food processor for years either.

Roxabelle

Human slave to Sinclair the Kitten
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh I think our kitchen is full of gadgets we rarely use! :lol:

The paella pan I insisted on having has been used once, maybe twice. Seafood Paella is in my absolute top 3 favourite foods (second only to sushi) but it’s very expensive to get all the ingredients to make a proper one, so the pan rarely sees the light of day.

I have an ice cream/slushie maker that doesn’t get a lot of use. The cups have to be kept in the freezer and the thing is so noisy, so that one could probably go...

I think my NutriBullet gets the most use! As well as the occasional healthy smoothie, it’s also perfect for making milkshakes! And I’ve noticed Sinclair prefers either crunchy dry food, or a smooth pate. So guess who now makes tuna smoothies on a daily basis.... :catrub:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Hmmmm, like C catapault There are things in the kitchen (or the basement, as the case may be), that, while I don't use all the time, I am grateful for them when I do use them. My citrus juicer, for example; I might use it 3-4 times a year, but when I do, I'm glad I have it.

We have a food grinder attachment for the KA mixer, so I don't use my parents' food grinder anymore, BUT when my sister needs it, it's always right here for her.

I don't have a blender and keep saying I should get one. But I've managed for over 20 years without a blender, so.....

I guess I'll say the Mouli. Since we got a food processor, I can shred cabbage, carrots, etc. with that, so I don't use the Mouli much any more. Although, I did just use it the other day for shredded cabbage.....just because, I guess.