Question of the day - Thursday 9 July

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Hi everyone :wave3:

I’m behind with everything today, I‘m having one of those days where nothing seems to be going right :headshake: So, finally here’s today’s question ........

What is the least used gadget in your kitchen ? :crazy:

In my kitchen I would say it probably my juicer. I think I’ve used it twice in the first week I brought it & since then it’s just sat in the cupboard. I should add that I brought it at least 5/6 years ago :lol:

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
My blender - however it may be put into use when we start making smoothies :thumbsup:

mightyboosh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A coffee maker. It's the type that you put instant coffee in it and milk. It froths up the milk and although it is tasty, it's big and a faff to clean.

Talien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The toaster. I don't really eat toast, and rarely get english muffins or bagels. I refuse to put anything in the toaster that has anything resembling icing or frosting into the toaster because I don't like cleaning that mess up.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have to think about this. There's equipment that isn't used very much but is wonderful to have.

Neither the meat grinder (a nuisance to clean) or the waffle iron are used more than once or twice or a very few times a year, unlike toaster or toaster oven. But when I do use them I am so glad I have them! Waffles are much more special occasion than pancakes.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Waffle iron. Only gets used every few years when I get a craving. Probably would just be easier to go out to eat.

gilmargl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The electric egg-cooker - something I've never even considered getting it out of its box! I share such useless objects with my daughter and she may have used it once - just for the experience!:lol:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
A steamer I bought at a house sale last year - I had good intentions but still haven't used it. :rolleyes:

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Either my blender or the panini press. I would probably use the panini press more but I forgot I had it until just now. I put it above the fridge when I moved in a few months ago.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My blender.Not even really sure why I have it,to be honest.

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Blender and the bread machine. I should really dust off the latter and make some bread.

debbila

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My hand mixer. I use it for blending instant pudding but not much of anything else.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The rice cooker. My mom and stepdad used one all the time when I lived at home. So I thought we would too. We’ve been married for 17 years and haven’t used it once!! :lol: So now that I think of it; it was probably because they had 7 mouths to feed that they used it so much. We have 4.:lol:

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Waffle iron and Fry Daddy. My kids are gone now, and I just don't use them. I've had them over 30 years. Probably should get rid of them.

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have this super old school George Foreman grill, it’s got to be at least 10 years old. Been sitting in the cupboard collecting dust for a few of those years now. Thanks for this thread and the reminder, maybe I’ll take it out and get rid of it finally. :lol:
Exactly the same here..used it once or twice and back in the box where it stayed an easy ten years.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
The can opener. Someone gave me this really fancy, good quality can opener about ten years ago and I haven't used it once. All the cans I get come with a ring pull to open them.