Question of the day - Thursday 5 December

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have done both, but it seems this year it will be a one shot deal.

amysuen

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I wrap as I go. I have an app that helps me keep track of gifts: what I buy, where I buy it, how much it was, who it's for, where in the house it's stashed, and status: ordered/delivered/wrapped/given. The app is Santa's Bag, if anyone's interested. :)

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One big session while watching Christmas movies. We actually celebrate Yule and the Solstice, not Christmas; however, there are not many Yule or Winter Solstice movies or shows, and the ones that there exist tend to be general "winter" movies. Regardless, I like a bunch of Christmas movies so they are my entertainment while I wrap.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We (meaning I) usually break it up into 2 or 3 sessions, instead of one marathon. We only buy presents for our grand nieces and nephews anyway.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I kind of do both. I will set aside time for wrapping. I am not good at it and tend to get frustrated so I take a couple of very long breaks from it. It usually turns into an all day thing on a Sunday.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have one regrettable session every Christmas Eve. :paperbag: I just don’t have anywhere to hide wrapped presents. I can do other people’s; its my kids gifts that take time and space. DD has a birthday before long too; so I get get birthday present when I’m Christmas shopping. Sometimes I decide in advance what is going to be the birthday present. But sometimes I change my mind.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do one session, and I do it early because I have to get them all in the mail by the 15th. Yikes! Ten days from now.

amysuen amysuen - That app sounds awesome. I use a modified one on paper. I don't use my cell phone often enough to download it. If I can download it on my tablet, it will be the bee's knees, or Santa's Elves. I will check.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
One session, sort of assembly line. I make up Gift tags in advance, matching my completed Christmas list. Then I box or bag everything, then start wrapping and adding tags.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I stopped wrapping gifts a long time ago and use gift bags with colored tissue instead.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I usually do a big wrapping session and then if there are any ones that come later, I'll probably do a second wrapping session.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
The cats and I have a wrapping session, usually in the bedroom.

You can always tell when a gift is from Rick and me. The wrapping is usually clawed through, the ribbons are torn, and gift cards are usually missing. In fact, we stopped putting gift cards on the packages and started writing names on packages with magic marker. We have pictures of the cats napping on top of gifts, playing with ribbons, and chewing on the corners of boxes.

Use a gift bag, you say? Doesn't work around here. One time, we had something in a gift bag and BooBoo started to investigate. Somehow, that boy got his head through the handle and Boo and bag started romping through the house with Rick and me in pursuit. Boo was scared because of the bag flopping along behind him and the faster he ran, the faster the gift bag flopped. We finally caught him and got him disentangled. End of gift bags.

We like to think that all the claw marks, bite marks, and ratty ribbons give our gifts a touch of feline class. My mother was never amused, but well, we have cats.

I wrap Rick's things and Rick wraps everything else, for The Grands and such.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have some gifts that are being mailed out. I have them in a box with a box on top of it to keep Sophie out of it. Yeah right. She pushed the top box off and squeezed her way into the box with the gifts. When I found her there, she looked at me like, "Just try to keep me out of a box. HA!" :devilcat2: