Question of the day - Thursday 29 July

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
We have had cats pretty much all of our married life and I had cats at home, too. Rick has always had dogs at his home. We had an Alaskan Malemute and then we took The Beast when his dad passed and his mom went into assisted living.

We are thinking (and ONLY thinking) of a golden retriever puppy. Our son raises GR puppies and I'd love to have one. And if we get it while it's a puppy, the cats will have the chance to put the fear of Bast into him and he'll worship the cats as required. Or at least be wary of them.

DownTheLane

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We used to have dogs, but that's a while ago. My parents didn't really want to get any more pets, they were pretty adamant. But then I started to take in strays and eventually I was allowed to get a pair of cats for myself. My mum would love a dog again, but I doubt it'd be a good mix with the cats...

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
An American raccoon! I didn't even know they lived in Japan (ah, looked it up: they were brought over as pets in the '70s/'80s and went feral). I had a friend who said she had a "pet" tanuki but he never showed up when I was there, lol. Must have been shy.

My mom has a raccoon family that eats the cat food on her porch, but she's trying to discourage them from showing up so the babies don't grow up dependent on humans. Plus in the US rabies is a concern. . .why do raccoons have to be so darn cute? They make it hard for us to keep them wild ;).