Question of the day - Thursday 26 March

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
1. How many cats do you own ? We have 2 right now.

2. Who named your cats ? I think I named Cocoabean. My husband sort of named Luna for her first name, I came up with the second part of Moonshadow, then he added Lady to the front so she's Coonalley Lady Luna Moonshadow. She's registered so we wanted it to be really long and fancy lol

3. Whats your favorite cat color/pattern ? Tortoiseshell (Cocoabean!) and VERY partial to orange too!

4. Do you have a favorite breed of cat ? Maine Coon (Luna!)

5. Do your cats sleep with you in your bedroom ? Absolutely yes. Luna sleeps on a pile of pillows over my head nearly every night. Cocoa kind of comes and goes.

6. Where do your cats sleep if not with you ? Cocoa will sleep in our guest room.

7. Do they eat any human food ? Cocoa doesn't eat human food for the most part other than small bits of plain fish or chicken. She's uninterested. Luna will eat anything but we are careful about what she gets. No junk. Plain proteins and very small amounts of dairy, like a pea sized piece of cream cheese or a lick of plain yogurt if we're having it. I am sure if she had a chance she would a bowl of pasta if it was put in front of her. And yet, she's picky about her cat food!

8. Do your cats get treats ? Yes, but only simple protein types like Pure Bites.

9. Do you plan on getting more cats ? I do lol. My husband knows because we are still on a waiting list from another Maine Coon breeder that we got on way before we got Luna and I'm loathe to remove us from it because, well, one never knows and our turn doesn't come up for another 10 months or so. No point making a big deal over it until then since we can pass at that time if not ready anyway.

10. Do you have any other pets ? Nope. Two cats are enough for us.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
1. How many cats do you own ? 1 :sigh: I still want to answer 2 immediately without thinking.
2. Who named your cats ? Me. DH just agreed. I first wanted to name the girls Daisy and another flower. DH did not like that at all. So we went with naming them after my favorite comic strip.
3. Whats your favorite cat color/pattern ? Tuxies
4. Do you have a favorite breed of cat ? Any with hair!
5. Do your cats sleep with you in your bedroom ? No. DH is allergic so I snooze with Mooch on the couch a bit before bed.
6. Where do your cats sleep if not with you ? Mooch owns the glider I bought for when my kids were babies. No one else sits there. She spends most of her time there or on the couch at night.
7. Do they eat any human food ? No she’s never liked it.
8. Do your cats get treats ? Yes I use soft treats to give meds twice a day.
9. Do you plan on getting more cats ? Someday. I would love for my kids to have a younger pet or two that wants to play and snuggle; but Mooch is 15 so I don’t think that in her best interest.
10. Do you have any other pets ? No. I had fish for a while.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
1. How many cats do you own ? two
2. Who named your cats ?
I did
5. Do your cats sleep with you in your bedroom ?
yes
6. Where do your cats sleep if not with you ?
in the outdoor enclosure when it's really hot.
7. Do they eat any human food ?
They are partial to potato chips. And cheese.
8. Do your cats get treats ?
Yes, usually Greenies
9. Do you plan on getting more cats ?
No
10. Do you have any other pets ?
No, but I have many birdbaths which are visited by fabulous parrots, wattlebirds etc, and a lot of undergrowth where there are many blue tongue lizards and water dragons. I do go and talk to them all. :)

Jemima Lucca

Forever a feline fan💕
Super Cat
Purraise
1-how many cats? We have 2, a 10mth old female, Jemima and a 7mth old, Lucca.
2-who named them? I named Jemima and we both named Lucca. I liked Leo, Luciano, and my husband liked Joey. Somehow we agreed on Lucca.
3-I don’t have a favorite color or pattern but my husband loves the tabby pattern.
4-favorite breed for me it would be a Japanese bobtail.
5-does our cats sleep in our bedroom? Yes, in bed with me. The door is open so they can use the litter box
6-do they get human food? Some. I give them unsalted sardines (a tbsp) over food-organic chicken liver-unsalted tuna-raw egg yolks-a dab of unsalted organic butter (for hairball prevention). These bites of human food is occasional and in very limited amounts.
7-do we give treats? Yes, the nulo tubes of creamy “gravy”, split between them (1/2 tbsp each), egg yolks, chicken liver. Pretty much the human food stuff I mentioned.
8-no plans for more cats and no other pets ❤

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1. How many cats do you own? I don't own any. They own me. (I have two.)
2. Who named your cats? I did. I changed them from the names they had when I adopted them.
3. What's your favorite cat color/pattern? I love gray and white, black, orange, orange and white, brown tabby with white, calico...
4. Do you have a favorite breed of cat? I don't really have one.
5. Do your cats sleep with you in your bedroom? Sometimes. Remy will but Maisie usually won't.
6. Where do your cats sleep if not with you? I'm not sure, actually. I think mainly the couch.
7. Do they eat any human food? Nope.
8. Do your cats get treats? Not often.
9. Do you plan on getting more cats? No. Two is the maximum I will allow. More than two is just too much work.
10. Do you have any other pets? Not at the moment. I might get a dog in the future.

Jemima Lucca

Forever a feline fan💕
Super Cat
Purraise
1. How many cats do you own ? 3
2. Who named your cats ? They were all named before I got them.
3. Whats your favorite cat color/pattern ? I like the silver colours.
4. Do you have a favorite breed of cat ? Definitely Maine Coon.
5. Do your cats sleep with you in your bedroom ? Oliver does at some point during the night.
6. Where do your cats sleep if not with you ? Betty and Chubchub sleep in various places.
7. Do they eat any human food ? Betty would if she could but not the other two.
8. Do your cats get treats ? Sometimes but not Oliver. He has a sensitive tummy and can only have one type of expensive prescription
food.
9. Do you plan on getting more cats ? Not at the moment.
10. Do you have any other pets ? Two dogs, a Cavalier King Charles and an Akita x German Shepherd.
You have adorable pets!

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
1. How many cats do you own ? 1
2. Who named your cats ? Her first mama
3. Whats your favorite cat color/pattern ? black
4. Do you have a favorite breed of cat ? all
5. Do your cats sleep with you in your bedroom ? yes
6. Where do your cats sleep if not with you ? everywhere
7. Do they eat any human food ? a bit of tuna juice
8. Do your cats get treats ? no
9. Do you plan on getting more cats ? perhaps
10. Do you have any other pets ? no

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
1. How many cats do you own ? 22, if we count the 2 outdoor feral boys I feed.
2. Who named your cats ? I did.
3. Whats your favorite cat color/pattern ? Ginger! No wait, calico! No, I mean black! And tabby. Black and tabby and black and white and....I just love them all!
4. Do you have a favorite breed of cat ? No, any breed will do.
5. Do your cats sleep with you in your bedroom ? Yes, some of them do.
6. Where do your cats sleep if not with you ? Wherever they choose
7. Do they eat any human food ? They get a bit of cheese from me now and again and Mr Husband has been known to share his sushi.
8. Do your cats get treats ? Sushi and steamed chicken.
9. Do you plan on getting more cats ? Well, I didn't plan on having this many.
10. Do you have any other pets ? No pets, but quite a lot of friendly wildlife visitors.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
1. How many cats do you own ? We have four at the moment, down from eight a few years ago.
2. Who named your cats ? They named themselves; they told us what their names were and we accepted them
3. Whats your favorite cat color/pattern ? I don't have a favorite
4. Do you have a favorite breed of cat ? I would dearly love to have a Maine Coon tabby or tiger
5. Do your cats sleep with you in your bedroom ? Of course! Where else would they sleep?
6. Where do your cats sleep if not with you ? For napping, they sleep in the cat tree or in the wicker basket or on the pink blanket on the kitchen table. They have all kinds of napping spots.
7. Do they eat any human food ? They dearly love chicken and people tuna. Tabby loves Frosted Mini Wheats.
8. Do your cats get treats ? Hairball treats
9. Do you plan on getting more cats ? I don't know at this point.
10. Do you have any other pets ? Sadly, no. We just lost our Beast (aka Jackie, the Beagle) a couple weeks ago.

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1. How many cats do you own ? Two, but "own" is a strong word. :lol:
2. Who named your cats ? I named Tango, and I don't remember if it was my mom or my brother who named Indy.
3. Whats your favorite cat color/pattern ? I don't really have one. All are cute to me. I've had tabbies the most, though.
4. Do you have a favorite breed of cat ? No. I've only had domestic shorthairs.
5. Do your cats sleep with you in your bedroom ? Indy sometimes sleeps on my pillow above my head, and rarely on top of my side or chest. Tango isn't really a fan of sleeping in my room, but sometimes she'll sleep on a plastic tote by my closet for a few hours at night. She hasn't done that in months, though. She does like to come in my room in the early mornings and cuddle with me for two minutes before demanding that I get up and feed her. And sometimes I'll wake up to see Tango sitting on my floor/bed, staring at Indy, who's fast asleep. :rolleyes2:
6. Where do your cats sleep if not with you ? Usually in the living room/kitchen: Indy likes to sleep on the top of the carpeted cat tree or in a cardboard box on a table in front of a window. Tango sleeps on a computer chair, the floor beside the coffee table, or one of the two kitchen chairs I use.
7. Do they eat any human food ? Indy couldn't care less about people food. Tango, on the other hand, has eaten/stolen (and liked) chocolate, onions, french fries, macaroni, peas, corn, almost any meat, tortilla chips, gluten-free waffles, lactose-free yogurt and milk, mystery crumbs in the kitchen sink, Goldfish crackers, and sauerkraut??? She stole and ate the chocolate and onions a few days after she was adopted. :doh: edit: I forgot Tango also likes ice cream and angel food cake.
8. Do your cats get treats ? Yes, but I haven't given them any in a while. They're picky with the treats they do have.
9. Do you plan on getting more cats ? Not at the moment.
10. Do you have any other pets ? Nope.

Last edited:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Moz Moz Sophie tried to steal a steak from my plate. It was sitting on my desk and I was preoccupied. I saw something out of the corner of my eye and there she was sitting on the small shelf next to my plate. She had grabbed a corner of the steak and tried to lift it. When that failed, she just started licking it and was about to take a bite when she saw me looking at her. She stood up on the shelf and started HOLLERING at me. I could tell it was cat for. "Don't just sit there! Cut some up for me right NOW!" Which, of course, I did. :lol: