Question of the day - Thursday 26 January

Neko-chan's mama

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm kind of afraid of elephants. I don't dislike them, I just don't want to be in close proximity to them. I've seen too many videos of them trampling people.

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not keen on...

Komodo Dragons
Crocs or Alligators

Definitely even more not keen on....

Green Anacondas or large Pythons and water/sea snakes in general (Hard nope. Nope nope nopie nopers nopiepants noooooope)

Also anything poisonous which speaks for itself, whether insects, reptiles, sea creatures etc

Of course there happens to be an actual creature that is a combination of all three :lol: the Eastern Diamondback Rattlesnake. Can be fairly large at it's peak size, is venomous and a great swimmer 🏊‍♀️ 🐍

Yup. This little bugger would drive me up the wall.

I also will be content not meeting a wild hippo face to face anytime soon lol

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Spiders, cockroaches and flies. I also am not scared of rats or mice when they're in a domestic setting, but I'm terrified of getting rats or mice in the house - partly because I've heard horror stories of trying to get rid of a rodent infestation!

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm kind of afraid of elephants. I don't dislike them, I just don't want to be in close proximity to them. I've seen too many videos of them trampling people.
Any animal in the wild needs to be given a wide berth and preferably be with someone who knows that animal, follow the rules and with someone who knows that animal do as you are told.

Many zoos have quit keeping elephants. They are very intelligent and highly social animals, many zoos have decided that there is no way to keep them successfully in a zoo environment. There is a sanctuary in Tennessee that doesn't even allow people in to see them firsthand, they have webcams for people to see them.