GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Hey everyone :wave3:

Todays question is ……

Are there any animals that you are afraid of or not keen on ? :updown:

I’m not too keen on pigs. Not sure why. I’m not scared of them, they just kind of freak me out a little :dunno:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
All animals are beautiful and amazing in their own way but I'd never want to be near a gator, crocodile, shark or really any other apex predator. I prefer to admire them from afar.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Monkeys. I enjoy looking; but I have less than ZERO desire to meet one in the wild. You see those videos of them snatching things from people at touristy places. They can move like us yet up and down through trees too (kinda envious of that on some levels to be honest...).

Maybe they wouldn't bother me if I'd grown up with them as a possibility. I mean bears don't bother me the same way and I bet they are more likely to be dangerous. And I'm definitley more likely to come across one in the wild here in the US. :lol:

I don't really think I'd want to be around any animal I'm not experienced with. But monkeys just bother me in a different way.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Afraid of??? No, but of course I have a healthy respect for anything that could kill me...but that's just common sense right?

As for "not too keen on"...depends on the situation. Mice are cute and have a purpose...but they do not belong in my house. Dogs are great...but an untrained nippy yappy menace is not my cup of tea...
I'm sure you get the idea....

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Afraid of? Anything that looks at me as another meal. I'm not keen on skunks, raccoons, bats, or foxes, as they are rabies vectors; rats or mice.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I am not against dogs but my tolerance for them is low. I am not keen on untrained dogs or dogs with untrained owners. I don’t want to be jumped on, barked at, have my crotch sniffed while they ignore their owner yelling at them. Telling me they are harmless or won’t bite doesn’t help. I also don’t like dogs in desperate need of a bath or grooming.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love all animals, but I'm afraid of wild ones that can injure or kill me or my cats.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm fine with most animals if they are domesticated, but animals that would freak me out if I saw them in the wild would definitely be snakes and mice (although seeing a mouse isn't really a fear thing more of a "oh crap I have to deal with a mouse in my house now" type of thing).

MeezeIfYouPlz

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I love birds. I've had everything from the smallest of ducks (call ducks) to the largest of geese, but I'm not keen on guinea fowl. Not afraid of them, just don't like them.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Afraid of most spiders (much less afraid if they're outside, don't know why), and not keen on coyotes at all. They are brave, quick, and happy to snatch a small dog or cat right off of your front porch if you're not careful. As much as I admire Eagles and other birds of prey, I'm not keen on them circling over my yard while I'm trying to play ball with my 5 pound dog.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I guess spiders if they are big ones. The small ones I catch and take outside. I am not too keen on watching nature shows where all they show are predators and prey. I know it's part of nature, but it affects me badly seeing it.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bees/wasps/stinging insects.

Monkeys. I enjoy looking; but I have less than ZERO desire to meet one in the wild. You see those videos of them snatching things from people at touristy places. They can move like us yet up and down through trees too (kinda envious of that on some levels to be honest...).
It happened to me in South Africa. While mu dad was running the marathon, I had lunch and one jumped on the table and made off with my brownie. :lol:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Black or brown bears if I'm hiking near a wooded area

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
none that i can think of usually i have an everyday carry knife with me so i plan to go down fighting.even though a knife isnt much use against the 2 legged animals we have running around these days shooting people over stupid stuff .