Question of the day - Thursday 23 September

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Grease. Ugh. First, the subject matter is creepy, and second, watching 33-year-olds pretend to be teenagers is extra creepy.

Star Wars, yes. Mediocre at best. I kind of feel like people like the IDEA of Star Wars better than the actual movies.

'80s teen movies (like Dirty Dancing, 16 Candles, etc.).

It took me like 3 or 4 viewings to get The Princess Bride but now I love it :D. You have to not take it too seriously and just soak up the Wallace Shawn and Billy Crystal, lol.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The Princess Bride for sure. 100000000% cannot stand it.
Ferris Buler's Day Off
A Christmas Story
The Breakfast Club
The Goonies
Lord of the Rings/The Hobbit
Any Adam Sandler/Jim Carey type comedy except for Mr Deeds and that's pushing it.

I think the 80s were a bad decade for movies or something... At least the comedic style movies. I do love Dirty Dancing, Footloose and a few others I was allowed to watch back then. (Mom covered my eyes for a couple scenes. :lol2:)

I don't *love* Star Wars but I don't hate them. I think if you judge the originals by today's standards you will be disappointed. But in their time they were revolutionary. So I kind of get the fascination. Plus people love fantasy universes.

My best friend can't stand musicals. She says people don't break out in song in real life (they should!). Clearly she hasn't watched me parent enough. My kids know when I start singing I'm losing patience and trying not to yell. :crazy:

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ha, just thought of one. I don't even know if anyone actually liked it or it was entirely "hey, lookit this weird movie", but Napoleon Dynamite is absolutely insane. I watched it again for a Zoom graduation party in May and it has not improved with age. It's absolutely just the kind of movie that makes you think "what did I just watch? And why?" :lol:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ha, just thought of one. I don't even know if anyone actually liked it or it was entirely "hey, lookit this weird movie", but Napoleon Dynamite is absolutely insane. I watched it again for a Zoom graduation party in May and it has not improved with age. It's absolutely just the kind of movie that makes you think "what did I just watch? And why?" :lol:
YES!!!!!!

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Avatar and dirty dancing. I've never seen either all the way to the end. I found Avatar boring and dirty dancing is the stuff of nightmares for me, loads of my girlfriends love dirty dancing. I just don't get it.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:yeah:

People make a big deal over Rocky Horror Picture Show and I don't get it. :dunno: I guess it's a cult movie.
I haven't actually seen it myself. But I know someone who's really into it. She says it's just a ridiculous movie, but the fun is in dressing up and yelling at the screen with a bunch of other fans. Which, fair enough I guess.

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
It is funny that some one here mentioned Napoleon Dynamite. For the longest time, I couldn't stand the character Napoleon Dynamite. Such an over the top Dorky character lacking in basic social skills.🙄 It was a real cringe fest for me.

Then one day when my friend was watching it, I asked what she found so interesting about this movie. She carried on about how funny it was and she couldn't stopped laughing. I watched it to the end when Napolean Dynamite did his crazy dance routine and interestly enough, I wasn't that turned off by it anymore. I guess I had a change of perspective. :dunno: