Question of the day - Thursday 23 September

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is funny that some one here mentioned Napoleon Dynamite. For the longest time, I couldn't stand the character Napoleon Dynamite. Such an over the top Dorky character lacking in basic social skills.🙄 It was a real cringe fest for me.

Then one day when my friend was watching it, I asked what she found so interesting about this movie. She carried on about how funny it was and she couldn't stopped laughing. I watched it to the end when Napolean Dynamite did his crazy dance routine and interestly enough, I wasn't that turned off by it anymore. I guess I had a change of perspective. :dunno:
Honestly, whoever wrote it (was it Jon Heder? I don't want to go look it up, lol)(ok, I looked it up: it was written by Jared and Jerusha Hess. She was born in Nebraska and he was raised in small-town Utah so that's probably why) has a very good grasp on small-town life. That really is how things are, and, yes, it is bizarre when you think about it too hard. As part of a movie about something, any of those gags would be great. But the entire movie. . .idk, it just breaks my brain.

Last edited:

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
Honestly, whoever wrote it (was it Jon Heder? I don't want to go look it up, lol)(ok, I looked it up: it was written by Jared and Jerusha Hess. She was born in Nebraska and he was raised in small-town Utah so that's probably why) has a very good grasp on small-town life. That really is how things are, and, yes, it is bizarre when you think about it too hard. As part of a movie about something, any of those gags would be great. But the entire movie. . .idk, it just breaks my brain.
I know how you feel. It is a bit too much. 🙄😳🤯 Very Cringy at times.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dirty Dancing, Grease, Breakfast Club, The Notebook (I didn't hate this one, but I don't understand how it is so revered). More recent movies would be: Lady Bird, Eighth Grade, Call Me By Your Name, The Florida Project.