Question of the day - Thursday 23 January

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Hi everybody :wave2:

Oops ! Sorry for being late with today’s question. For some reason I thought it was Wednesday today :paperbag: :doh:

What was your least favorite food as a child ? Also, do you still hate it or do you like it now ? :crazy:

Mine was carrots. I couldn’t stand them when I was growing up, but I do actually like them now. :)

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have to say mushrooms as well, but I still hate them. The look, smell, taste, texture....it's all bad.
I also did not like spaghetti sauce, especially ON my spaghetti. I ate my noodles with butter and salt, but my parents made me eat a bowl of sauce separately. Now I'll eat it together, but I still love pasta with plain old butter and salt.

Jemima Lucca

Forever a feline fan💕
Super Cat
Purraise
Split pea soup 😫 but now I love it! But I remember my mom saying I had to finish my soup. My brother finished and I sat there and pushed the spoon around and had the brilliant idea (to a 4yr old) I’d throw it in the garbage. I got up and went to the bathroom. My mom said “you ate all your lunch?” And I nodded, she said “come in the kitchen” then proceeded to show me the garbage can. Well I got a good spanking for wasting food! But she never gave me pea soup again. 😆

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
My least favorite food was pretty much everything. I was a picky eater. :) I still remember sitting in a dark dining room with a plate of cold food in front of me while the rest of the family watched television. My parents came through the U.S. Great Depression of the 1930s, and one did not waste food...or anything else.

Now, I eat almost everything, but I’m with others who hate liver. :barfgreen:

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know this is going to sound weird,but….turtle soup.UGH!My Mom,bless her heart,adored that stuff.Seems like there was always a tub of it in the fridge or freezer,and it didn't help that our neighbor caught the turtles,etc. etc.Nope...can't tolerate even a mere whiff of it!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I’ve always liked almost everything. I didn’t like mustard as a kids and I love that now. I can’t really think of a food I actually hated. Maybe stuffed peppers? I don’t know if I like that now.

My mother’s rule was you had to try it and then if you decided you didn’t like it you didn’t have to eat it. Fortunately for her I liked everything.