Question of the day - Thursday 20 February

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm kinda picky about movies. I don't like old movies with the fake baby voice and affected accents the actresses used, and I don't like the newest movies with their constant action so I can't keep up with the story (if there is a story and not just blam blam blam). So there are just a few movies I really like to watch.

I'm less picky about TV shows, though. I'll give anything a shot, see if I like it. Maybe because it's shorter? Idk. Plus if you like a show you can get invested in the characters over time, instead of only seeing them for an hour and a half like in movies.

So probably I prefer TV shows.

glittercat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
TV shows for me.

Some of my absolute favourites would never fit in movie form :) (Supernatural, Buffy, Lucifer, House, True Blood, Dexter to name a few).

Buffy is a prime example... That much Slayer just can't be done justice in a couple of hours. Seven seasons on the other hand - altogether a different beast. So much more character change and development through the story arcs.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Movies definitely. I don't watch a lot of TV anymore besides Real Housewives, Grey's Anatomy, This Is Us, Young & The Restless, Bold & The Beautiful, and my cooking shows.

Jemima Lucca

Forever a feline fan💕
Super Cat
Purraise
Tv show are great because they’re short compared to a movie. My favorites are Hawaii 5-O and 911/911 Texas, Chicago PD and this pbs series called “journeys through Japan” which is awesome!
I am extremely picky about movies and I have to feel strongly about seeing it. Documentary’s fit where? I love those!

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can I say both? It all depends on my mood and what I'm doing. The TV is always on in my house as background noise but I do like to sit and watch in the evenings. I have my favorite shows I watch during the week and like documentaries as well. And Hubby and I like to sit and watch a movie (we've never seen) once in a while as a stay at home date night on the weekend. But I like to put movies on (that I like and have seen) to half watch/listen to as I putter around the house and do chores.
So I guess it's TV shows for during the week and movies on the weekends.