Question Of The Day - Thursday 20 April

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Hey everyone :wave3:

What's one thing you'd rather pay someone to do than do yourself ?

Erm ..... I think I would like someone to do my cleaning. :lol: It's not that I don't like cleaning, just that it seems never ending in my house :p

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I agree with cleaning. I have always hated cleaning but I like a clean house so I do it.

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Definitely house cleaning. Not only do I find it tedious (painful even, sometimes) but I'm just no good at it!

Margret

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Cleaning without a doubt.
Both of us have long days out at work and school respectively. We have so little time to devote to keeping the house in order.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey everyone :wave3:

What's one thing you'd rather pay someone to do than do yourself ?

Erm ..... I think I would like someone to do my cleaning. :lol: It's not that I don't like cleaning, just that it seems never ending in my house :p
That would be painting. I hate to paint.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Cleaning... including dusting, window washing, and ironing....

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
I want someone to find the nest and exterminate the huge red wasps that get into the house. Sometimes we kill as many as 15 in a day. Those things are almost as big as little hummingbirds, about 1" long, and nasty-tempered. We think they may be somewhere in the chimney, so I called an exterminator and told them of the problem. The guy came out, found out they were probably in the chimney, and said he didn't do either wasps or chimneys. Then he wanted to charge me $75 for the trip. I told him I wasn't going to pay since I'd explained the situation to the dispatcher. He left in a great snit. We still have the wasps.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
for me, it would be either cleaning or washing the dishes. both aren't particularly fun things to do, but i do them so our home stays clean. but washing the dishes always causes soreness in my back (temporarily), so i'd choose having someone else do the dishes. however, i'd never pay to have something done that i could do myself......not until i reach an age where i'm not able to do them by myself.

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
At age 70, my days are getting short and my bucket list is getting longer. If I can comfortably afford it, I'll pay someone to do the chores so I can get more out of life and enjoy it. It may seem hedonistic, but I intend to go out kicking and screaming, "I'm not nearly done with my adventures yet!" not "I've got to get the dishes and washing done!"

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Another vote for cleaning. It is an arduous task! :wink:

cheeser

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Clean the bathrooms. I hate cleaning the bathrooms with the fiery intensity of a thousand supernovas. I'll get them sparkling clean, then the guys traipse through a few times, and the bathrooms look like they haven't been cleaned since the Eisenhower administration. Argh!

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mowing the grass. And truth to tell, I already pay someone to do it. Second on my list would be housework, including the bathrooms. How can anyone be cheerful faced with a day of vacuuming and scrubbing toilets?

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Groom Forest. He has such lovely fur but he hates being groomed. He'll only put up with it for about 30 seconds and then he'll start swiping at you and trying to bite.

He's about due for another lion cut. Expensive, but way worth paying to have him lightly sedated and shaved than trying to deal with his mats by myself.