1. Do you have a cat-related question?

Please create an account (it's free!) and post your question in one of our cat care forums. Click here for a tutorial on how to start a new thread in the forums.

No cat question? You're still welcome to join us to talk about cats, share pictures and much more!

Question Of The Day - Thursday 20 April

Discussion in 'The Cat Lounge' started by GemsGem, Apr 20, 2017 at 10:13 AM.

1. GemsGem

GemsGem Mentor Staff Member Mentor

Dec 4, 2013
    England
    Hey everyone :wave3:

What's one thing you'd rather pay someone to do than do yourself ?

Erm ..... I think I would like someone to do my cleaning. :lol: It's not that I don't like cleaning, just that it seems never ending in my house :p

artiemom purraised this.
  2. verna davies

verna davies TCS Member Top Cat

Feb 23, 2016
    Wales uk
    Put petrol in my car. Its one job I hate and do it as little as possible

3. denice

denice Advisor Staff Member Advisor

Feb 7, 2006
    Columbus OH
    I agree with cleaning. I have always hated cleaning but I like a clean house so I do it.

4. Margret

Margret TCS Member Top Cat

Jul 17, 2014
    Littleton, CO
    Definitely house cleaning. Not only do I find it tedious (painful even, sometimes) but I'm just no good at it!

Margret

5. amysuen

amysuen TCS Member Young Cat

Mar 17, 2017
    Appleton, WI
    Cook!!! And clean up afterward.

6. sivyaleah

sivyaleah TCS Member Veteran

Dec 16, 2011
    New Jersey
    Cleaning without a doubt.
    Both of us have long days out at work and school respectively. We have so little time to devote to keeping the house in order.

7. moochnnoodles

moochnnoodles Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Apr 30, 2005
    Where my cats are
    Yardwork. I only do my gardens and potted plants; but the mowing and things takes enough of DH's weekend.

8. jennifurr

jennifurr To err is human, to purr is feline Young Cat

Mar 17, 2017
    Northeast Ohio
    I could use someone to help clean and cook, that would be awesome.

9. muffy

muffy TCS Member Alpha Cat

Aug 9, 2014
    Maryland
    That would be painting. I hate to paint.

10. artiemom

artiemom TCS Member Top Cat

Dec 22, 2014
    near Boston
    Cleaning... including dusting, window washing, and ironing....

11. mother dragon

mother dragon TCS Member Kitten

Oct 17, 2006
    Spring, TX
    I want someone to find the nest and exterminate the huge red wasps that get into the house. Sometimes we kill as many as 15 in a day. Those things are almost as big as little hummingbirds, about 1" long, and nasty-tempered. We think they may be somewhere in the chimney, so I called an exterminator and told them of the problem. The guy came out, found out they were probably in the chimney, and said he didn't do either wasps or chimneys. Then he wanted to charge me $75 for the trip. I told him I wasn't going to pay since I'd explained the situation to the dispatcher. He left in a great snit. We still have the wasps.

12. micknsnicks2mom

micknsnicks2mom TCS Member Top Cat

Feb 15, 2014
    ...with the cats...
    for me, it would be either cleaning or washing the dishes. both aren't particularly fun things to do, but i do them so our home stays clean. but washing the dishes always causes soreness in my back (temporarily), so i'd choose having someone else do the dishes. however, i'd never pay to have something done that i could do myself......not until i reach an age where i'm not able to do them by myself.

13. mother dragon

mother dragon TCS Member Kitten

Oct 17, 2006
    Spring, TX
    At age 70, my days are getting short and my bucket list is getting longer. If I can comfortably afford it, I'll pay someone to do the chores so I can get more out of life and enjoy it. It may seem hedonistic, but I intend to go out kicking and screaming, "I'm not nearly done with my adventures yet!" not "I've got to get the dishes and washing done!"

verna davies and neely purraised this.
  14. neely

neely TCS Member Top Cat

Dec 22, 2005
    Great Lakes
    Another vote for cleaning. It is an arduous task! :wink:

15. moochnnoodles

moochnnoodles Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Apr 30, 2005
    Where my cats are
    Wanna trade? I love painting! It's my favorite! :agree: I'm itching to paint my kid's bathroom but there is too much regular house stuff to do! :lol::disappointed::paperbag:

16. cheeser

cheeser TCS Member Adult Cat

Aug 2, 2013
    Clean the bathrooms. I hate cleaning the bathrooms with the fiery intensity of a thousand supernovas. I'll get them sparkling clean, then the guys traipse through a few times, and the bathrooms look like they haven't been cleaned since the Eisenhower administration. Argh!

17. DreamerRose

DreamerRose TCS Member Top Cat

Dec 11, 2015
    Naperville, IL
    Mowing the grass. And truth to tell, I already pay someone to do it. Second on my list would be housework, including the bathrooms. How can anyone be cheerful faced with a day of vacuuming and scrubbing toilets?

18. norachan

norachan Moderator Staff Member Moderator

May 27, 2013
    Mount Fuji, Japan
    Groom Forest. He has such lovely fur but he hates being groomed. He'll only put up with it for about 30 seconds and then he'll start swiping at you and trying to bite.

He's about due for another lion cut. Expensive, but way worth paying to have him lightly sedated and shaved than trying to deal with his mats by myself.

19. winchester

winchester TCS Member Veteran

Aug 28, 2009
    In the kitchen
    Dishes. I will gladly cook and clean, just please do not make me do dishes!

20. AbbysMom

AbbysMom At Abby's beck and call Staff Member Moderator

May 18, 2005
    Massachusetts
    I would love to have someone come in and clean.