Welcome to The Cat Site
your cat community
Interact with our community

Question Of The Day - Thursday 18 October

Discussion in 'The Cat Lounge' started by GemsGem, Oct 18, 2018.

1. GemsGem

GemsGem Thread Starter Mentor Staff Member Mentor

Dec 4, 2013
    England
    Hi everyone :wave3:

Do you like chocolate ? If so, what are your favourite types ? :yummy:

I adore chocolate. I mean, who doesn't like chocolate ?
    My favourite type is milk chocolate, :drool: followed by white & im not keen on dark.

neely purraised this.

2. Lari

Lari TCS Member Top Cat

Nov 18, 2017
    I have to be in a mood for chocolate. Except white chocolate - I'm always in the mood for that! It's my fave.

I prefer milk to dark.

maggiedemi purraised this.

3. LTS3

LTS3 TCS Member Staff Member Forum Helper

Aug 29, 2014
    USA
    I don't care as long as it's chocolate :D But it has to be good quality chocolate, not the brand name mass marketed stuff that hardly tastes like chocolate.

Now I'm considering stopping by the chocolate shop / cafe after work for an indulgent cup of luxury hot chocolate. I had a white hot chocolate last time :yummy: Sometimes they have Mexican chocolate. I have to go to the post office anyways and it's just around the corner so...:think:

maggiedemi and Tobermorey purraised this.

4. verna davies

verna davies TCS Member Staff Member Forum Helper

Feb 23, 2016
    Wales uk
    I love chocolate, have some every day and I agree with LTS3, it has to be good quality chocolate. Guess whats on top of my Christmas list.

5. sabrinah

sabrinah TCS Member Super Cat

Jun 6, 2016
    California
    I LOVE chocolate. I have very low standards though, so I'll eat just about any chocolate that doesn't taste like wax. I'm not a big fan of white chocolate but I won't say no if someone offers me some.

Mother Dragon and maggiedemi purraised this.

6. mightyboosh

mightyboosh TCS Member Top Cat

Jul 19, 2017
    Burnley, UK
    The World is divided into two camps, at least over here. It's Dairy Milk vs Galaxy. The plain bars, no nuts or added stuff.
    It has to be Dairy Milk and anyone who disagrees is breaking the chocolate law in my opinion and should suffer the consequences as with all anti-social behaviour. This sounds harsh but it's for the good of all in the long run. So there!

1CatOverTheLine, maggiedemi and verna davies purraised this.

7. verna davies

verna davies TCS Member Staff Member Forum Helper

Feb 23, 2016
    Wales uk
    @mightyboosh . I'm in your camp. Dairy Milk but it has to be the BIG chunky bars

maggiedemi and mightyboosh purraised this.

8. allmykitties

allmykitties TCS Member Young Cat

Mar 8, 2016
    southern IL
    Good quality dark chocolate all the way ... it feels like silk on my tongue and tastes great.

White chocolate isn't really chocolate, although it can taste ok.

9. MonaLyssa33

MonaLyssa33 TCS Member Alpha Cat

Mar 10, 2018
    Minneapolis
    I love chocolate! I prefer dark because it isn't as sweet as milk, but I do like milk too.

10. Tobermorey

Tobermorey TCS Member Top Cat

Dec 13, 2017
    Oregon
    High quality dark chocolate all the way! I used to eat any and all chocolate—I always preferred Hershey’s over Nestle—but I’ve gotten pickier over the years. Just like with coffee, I inherited my love of chocolate from my mom and dad. Every time I visited Mom in assisted living, I’d take her a bag of dark chocolate truffles. And then I’d sit there and watch her eat every one of them over the course of one day...more than a half pound of chocolate. I’m not that bad but maybe I will be when I’m in my 90s! :lol:

11. Willowy

Willowy TCS Member Top Cat

Mar 1, 2009
    South Dakota
    I knew a guy who would eat a jumbo-sized chocolate bar for lunch. If anyone asked him why, he'd say "I'm 87; I'll eat whatever I darn well please, whenever I darn well please!" LOL, he was a character. I want to be 87 and eat what I darn well please. . .

I like chocolate. I've gotten pickier with age and I don't like cheap chocolate anymore (or maybe the cheap chocolate got worse!). The lowest-quality I'll buy is Dove. But, hey, if someone brings a box of cheap chocolates to work I won't ignore it ;).

12. micknsnicks2mom

micknsnicks2mom TCS Member Top Cat

Feb 15, 2014
    ...with the cats...
    i don't 'do' chocolate...it's the caffeine that i don't need. i prefer carob! :yummy:

13. margecat

margecat Mentor Staff Member Mentor

Oct 11, 2006
    I also have to be in the mood for chocolate. The problem is, I'm always in the mood for chocolate. :insertevillaugh:

1CatOverTheLine, Tobermorey and maggiedemi purraised this.

14. maggiedemi

maggiedemi TCS Member Top Cat

Mar 26, 2017
    Upstate NY
    The only chocolate I like is Hot Cocoa. I prefer peanut butter.

15. Elphaba09

Elphaba09 TCS Member Alpha Cat

Sep 6, 2018
    NE Ohio
    I will eat almost any sort of chocolate, although I would rather have one good piece than two poor quality chocolate. As for milk, semi-sweet, bittersweet, or dark, it depends on my mood.

White chocolate is a liar!

16. Katie M

Katie M TCS Member Top Cat

Jun 1, 2017
    Kingwood, WV
    I love milk and dark. I'm especially fond of chocolate combined with peanut butter :drool:

17. Kat0121

Kat0121 Advisor Staff Member Advisor

Feb 23, 2014
    Sunny Florida
    High quality imported dark chocolate. Preferably German or Belgian. No fillings or mix ins and definitely NO peanut butter.

I used to work with a woman who would eat between 2 and 5 pounds of chocolate a DAY. Yes. Really. She had it stashed everywhere. There was a Russell Stover outlet near our office in Denver and sometimes we'd go at lunch to see what they had- especially after Easter,Valentine's day, etc... Most of us would pick up a little of this or that. She'd walk out of there with bags full.

I made her a big pan of brownies for her birthday one year. I gave it to her around 10 AM. The pan was empty before lunchtime. Yes- she ate them all. If you saw her you'd never guess how much chocolate she ate.

18. LTS3

LTS3 TCS Member Staff Member Forum Helper

Aug 29, 2014
    USA
    I was gifted a box of Belgian chocolates once. So goood :yummy: It was this brand Home - Guylian Belgian Chocolates

A former supervisor used to bring back chocolates whenever she went to Germany to visit family.

Chocolate was oddly a topic of discussion yesterday at lunch with the CEO and others. The non-US people say that Hershey's and other similar US brands are gross. One of the newest employees previously worked for Lindt and everyone agreed that European chocolate was the best.

I've gotten picker over the years with chocolate, too. I used to eat any brand no matter how cheap it was. These days I find many of those same chocolates chalky and bleh. I prefer higher end chocolate and artisan ones.

19. Jayflower

Jayflower TCS Member Super Cat

May 17, 2018
    Illinois
    I love chocolate!! My favorite kind is probably dark chocolate, but I'll eat pretty much any kind of chocolate...I love chocolate cake, candy bars, brownies, etc!

20. 1 bruce 1

1 bruce 1 TCS Member Top Cat

Apr 8, 2016
    It's OK. I like chocolate but don't eat it a lot anymore!