Question Of The Day - Thursday 18 January

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I have so many things that belonged to my great-grandmother, it would difficult for me to figure out what the oldest item is: the hutch, the rolling pin, cookie cutters, old pots and pans, cast iron items, an old caned rocking chair, a braided rug in the bedroom that she made, old bottles (liquor bottles, milk glass bottles, etc.), her wedding china, old crystal, an old mirror in the hallway.

I don't know.

I would dearly love to live in an older house.

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I guess that depends on the definition of "oldest". If it's thing I've owned the longest that would be Baby Snoopy.

View attachment 214880

It's harder if it's oldest by when it was created. I have inherited my great grandma's wedding ring. I'm not sure if I have anything more antique or not.
Lari Lari , I love Baby Snoopy, he is soooo cute. Has Leilia seen him? :)

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
R raysmyheart She has! I still sleep with him every night. And he goes inside the pillowcase every morning, because he's much too old for Lelia to play with.

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
R raysmyheart She has! I still sleep with him every night. And he goes inside the pillowcase every morning
, because he's much too old for Lelia to play with.
Yes, he is in excellent shape and super-adorable. Take good care of him! Speedy and I send a hug to Lelia,:catrub: I still think she is one of the most beautiful cats I've ever seen.

I'm really enjoying so many fascinating items here.

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My great great great grandmother's wedding ring. Apparently she married at the age of 16 to a slightly older widowed fella who already had 6 young kids. They popped out some more minions, leading the total to 14. She was quite a tough, smart and hard working little creature, and was adamant the kids would fair well in life. Especially with schooling; both girls and boys were educated equally all the way to the top (Not something entirely common at the time mid 1800's, yet it was a must under her eyes) and all became doctors, lawyers, teachers and one scientist. She was on my mom's side.

So far so good you sassy grandmammy :thumbsup: so I really cherish this ring.

The next oldest item would probably be two photos of my great grandparents from my father's side and one photo of my great grandmother on my mother's side - who was also a painter, so I have those as well, nice and hung up.

There might be other things :headscratch: