Question Of The Day - Thursday 17 Jan

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Oops ! Sorry for the lateness of today question. I forgot that it was Thursday today :doh:

What is your favourite type of foreign food ? :yummy:

Mine is definitely Italian :drool:

marmoset

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
lol GemsGem GemsGem if it's not Polish or German it's all foreign food to me and I like it all. I mean, I'll eat almost anything as long as it doesn't involve a milk product. I'm non-dairy so maybe Korean would be my choice but I really love Polish and most German food as well. All three cultures do a lot with fermented food which I simply crave and adore. Korean food is IMO one of the cuisines that is vastly underrated in the US as well as globally. Korean culture is very food oriented and I feel that Western and Eastern society under-rates it unfairly.

The issue I have with most Americanized foods is the sweetness level. German and Korean food isn't so disgustingly sweet. Korean food is just art on a plate when you take texture and flavor together but being raised German...I like that whole deeply flavorful pot of food, the home-made sauerkraut and sausage it doesn't have the same phenomenal range in texture as Korean but that's my comfort food.

That said if anyone wants to cook me a Korean meal I will show up. I will be appreciative and eat whatever is served happily. Doesn't matter what it is made of. I love burdock, heart meat, whole fish including the eyes- whatever. I'm not your average Polish/ German girl,

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Italian or Mexican. I eat a little more Italian so I will go with that as my favorite.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I do like Italian food but Thai and Indian spices are so delicious that Italian comes in third on my favorite foreign food list.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mexican, but it's probably really more Tex-Mex. I used to be a big fan of Italian, but after I had weight loss surgery, I feel like my taste buds changed and pasta lost its appeal.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thai and Chinese probably. Ooh, and Eastern European is good, too. I think.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Chinese for me. Italian is so pervasive I don't consider it Italian food anymore. I'll bet most Italians wouldn't recognize Americanized Italian.

The nicest Chinese restaurant near me is always full of Chinese people, so it must be really, really good.