GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Hi everyone :wave2:

Do you own any other pets other than cats ? :bluepaw:

Yes I do, I have one dog a Chihuahua.
Four tortoises (two Greek, one Horsefield & one Leopard)
Tank full of tropical fish, mostly swordtails & platies & one large pleco

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
No not anymore. I did have a small fish tank for a while; but the upkeep with small kids around was just too much. Mooch and Noodles loved it when they were kittens though. Cat Tv! :lol:

I really really want a pair of Golden Retrievers though. I grew up around them and they are the best dogs. I've even got names picked out. :paperbag:

Willow's Mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
inside of your imagination and/or smartphone app
Yes, I am the proud pet parent of two Chihuahua mixes. They are very catlike dogs. I'm not a dog person, so it surprised me how much I loved Laurel, and that love spilled over into Chocolate, who needed a home and probably would have died if we hadn't taken her in.

They didn't fix the problem of no cat, though. Choccie grew up with cats and desperately needed one in her life. Laurel just likes them. I probably talk about my dogs too much on a cat forum, but we are a family and Willow treats them like littermates.

DSCF2619.JPG

She is the healthiest and least traumatized of the bunch, even though she didn't get the greatest start in life. It's just harder to be a dog than it is to be a cat these days.

I wish I could have more pets but my landlord says that's an eviction notice. He's been kind to me and I know he hates evicting people.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Not anymore. Right now I have just one cat, she is 16 and has been an only cat for 2 years now so I am leaving well enough alone. I used to always have a dog, I usually had bigger dogs my favorite was a Siberian Husky. Now that I am back in an apartment I don't have dogs anymore. I might get a small dog after I retire and Alice crosses the bridge. We will see maybe a small dog and a cat. A dog would make me at least get out for a walk everyday.

glittercat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have two tropical fish tanks. One has neon rosy and black Ruby barbs : the other has harlequin rasboros and some dwarf neon rainbow fish.

I also have a female royal (ball if you're in the States) python called Star. I think she's about 14.

(Some years ago I had 5 snakes but ended up rehoming 4 when I had to move house, due to lack of space for their vivariums).

Willow's Mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
inside of your imagination and/or smartphone app
Not anymore. Right now I have just one cat, she is 16 and has been an only cat for 2 years now so I am leaving well enough alone. I used to always have a dog, I usually had bigger dogs my favorite was a Siberian Husky. Now that I am back in an apartment I don't have dogs anymore. I might get a small dog after I retire and Alice crosses the bridge. We will see maybe a small dog and a cat. A dog would make me at least get out for a walk everyday.
My Laurel, who is only 6 lbs, can keep up with me on a day hike but can also get enough exercise indoors to live with a disabled 75 year old if that is what I am 20 years from now. Chocolate is almost 10 lbs and really does need to be walked. They are Chi mixes, but since you are used to Huskies, you might feel more comfortable with a Pomeranian or an American Eskimo.

I grew up with Shelties dominating the cats. I didn't like that and always identified with the cats. It's a different dynamic with the Chi mixes just because of their size and I'm enjoying it a lot. The dogs are about six months older than Willow so they're growing up together, but it's not a complete madhouse.

Just a partial madhouse, and nothing I would recommend before you retire. ;)

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have a Chilian rose tarantula named Oona; a goldfish named Calypso and her friend Leopold the snail; a betta named Fernando, five danios called "Them"; one danio called Aspasia, a Japanese trapdoor snail names Hugo, and a random snail (same type as Leopold) named Lilah.

sweet jane flash

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yes we have a beautiful smart German Shepherd dog that my niece in-law was going to shoot:argh:because she didn't have room for it anymore, and she's the best most well behaved dog I've ever seen and so friendly! (She scared the heck out of the cops when they came to our door:flail:). Also we have 2 gorgeous cockatiels one name Yellow, the other named Francis after the pope. Francis whistles how good looking I am every morning😊. Of course my favorite is Beautiful Luxury Cat who never ever does anything wrong:catlove:. I adore all of my pets, I feel so extremely fortunate to have these beautiful creatures! I'm not sure my husband would like it if I added him to this list but of course he's not privy to these words;)and I keep falling in love with him over and over again:loveeyes::kiss:!!!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Yes we have a beautiful smart German Shepherd dog that my niece in-law was going to shoot:argh:because she didn't have room for it anymore, and she's the best most well behaved dog I've ever seen and so friendly!
Thank you for coming to the German Shepherd dog's rescue and saving her. 🤗 Our last dog was a shepherd, they are extremely intelligent and loyal.:hearthrob: