Question of the day - Thursday 14 November

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Definitely having a Christmas Tree! :biggrin: I am fortunate that despite having all these cat babies they are pretty good with the tree. Sometimes Phryne and Bijou will paw boop at some of the decorations closest to the ground, but thankfully nothing debilitating or catastrophic.

sweet jane flash

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm going to buy a live tree again but I won't put anything on it as the cat will be climbing it as much as possible, and she will be the constantly moving decoration. Pretty soon I'll have to make the decision on whether it's worth the expense because I've not got a whole lot of space left on God's little acre for any more trees. But gosh they smell terrific!!! They look stunning and I wish I had yet another acre to landscape. I'm thinking a redwood even though they are not drought tolerant.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
No, unfortunately. We never really had one because my parents are super religious and think Christmas is a pagan holiday used by Satan to distract God's people.

We had a tiny one and a string of lights but I think my mom threw them out. My dad bought them when I was little because I hated missing out on the festivities. I guess he felt bad. My parents always argued over it.

When I'm older and on my own, I'm definitely going to be doing it for my kids. For the very reason I had no Christmas stuff in my youth, my house will be the most decorative on the block, I can tell you that. I will see to it. People tend to look for this deep meaning to everything but I've always just seen it as a fun way to end the year. Not Satan's divine intervention.

rgwanner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have always loved having a tree. The last several years I have not been able to put up my glass ornaments for obvious reasons. I got a fake lighted tree and put on plastic ornaments from the dollar store, as well as some I already had. It doesn't look too bad. And when the bottom balls get knocked off it is OK. I don't do a lot of other decorating inside.

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, this is our Christmas tree

View attachment 307878
Kitty looks to be singing Christmas carols! We have a tree and none of the cats seem to bother it (crossed fingers because I could have just jinxed us!). The only time I had an issue is when I started to set up out new tree. No decorations on it at all. Jack decided it was a good place to climb. Never happened before or since.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, my family hasn't celebrated Christmas since I was 5 years old, so I just don't celebrate out of habit. If I ever get married and it's important to my husband, then I might. If it's just me and the cats, then I probably won't.

mackiemac

Slave in a cat house
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Indoor cats, outdoor tree! Still need to put the ornaments on, but this is what we do because it's just the four of us... me, my hubby and our 2 cats. Having a porch tree means that we can share our tree with our duplex mates and anyone who walks by, and we can keep the thing somewhat intact! I know what Schrodie does with a Christmas tree, I can only guess what Rain would do, and I dare not think of what disaster the two of them together would create! Our 90 mph windstorm back in June and the F-3 tornado that came through Dallas a month ago would be small potatoes compared to those two!

1574266703141.png
:dizzycat::runningcat:

CatLover49

All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know what to do this year as Blue is going through the kittenhood he missed out on as an adult at the moment and near wrecking the house.
I think might leave it to next year or this might result..(Love this pic)

View attachment 307796
:lol:Sorry for laughing..but i know the feeling..snowball does this very thing every yr...So im NOT sure what im going to do this yr...been looking online for some ideas

CatLover49

All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know what to do this year as Blue is going through the kittenhood he missed out on as an adult at the moment and near wrecking the house.
I think might leave it to next year or this might result..(Love this pic)

View attachment 307796
:lol: Sorry for laughing..but my boy Snowball does this every yr...Not sure what to do this yr...Been looking online for some ideas...I know I will decorate on inside n outside...But still wondering about THE Tree...:think: