Question of the day - Thursday 14 November

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Hi everyone :wave2:

Today’s question is about cats and Christmas trees. The two don’t generally go well together. :lol:
So, the big question is......

Are you having a Christmas tree this year ? :evergreen:

I am going to have a Christmas tree. I lucky that my cats don’t bother too much with the tree. I find the odd decoration thats been knocked off but that’s about it really :thumbsup:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We want to! We didn't get around to it last year, and the year before that I was living by myself and Lelia was in teething kitten mode and kept chewing the lights, so I took them off and pretty much had a tree with nothing on it.

Granted, we'll be on our honeymoon for Christmas, so maybe leaving a tree with the cats when we're halfway around the world isn't a great idea.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Probably three of them. Our traditional tree will go into the living room and the Tacky White Tree will go into the shed. We are debating if we want to put the third tree in the kitchen. The tree in the living room is always wired to the wall because....cats. Fortunately they don't seem to want to climb the kitchen trees like they do the one in the living room.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
No. I'd like to have a smallish one but I know Sophie would destroy it. Every year, I consider it and then DD reminds me that we have a furry wrecking ball in the house. She'd tear it up. Anchoring it to the wall wouldn't help. That would just make it more stable for her to climb it during a bout of the zoomies. Lilith would probably leave it alone.

Texaskitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We'd love to have a tree, but there's no good place to put it. I have no idea what our 2 cats would do to it - I think Buddy would chew on it. He likes to chew on stuff. I got a bag of buns at the grocery recently and hadn't put them away yet and he chewed thru the bag and ate part of one of them. Little rascal! So I'm just gonna put a wreath on the front door and get out my christmas tablecloth and dishtowels.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No,afraid not.I stopped putting up a tree years ago after the cats at the time sent the one I had up crashing to the floor.Fortunately none of my ornaments were broken but after that,not taking a chance.Now with Donnie and his tool belt,I'd envision the worst!

VinceL

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
As I mentioned in another post, we will have 7 Christmas trees this year (same as last year). There is a 9 foot one, 2 7.5 foot trees, 3 6 foot trees and a 3 foot tree. And, add a couple of ceramic Christmas trees. We do not put any lights or fragile ornaments along the bottom branches. The only things our 4 cats do to/with them is rub their faces on the branches and lay under them. They don't even try to eat the real popcorn that is on some of the trees.

When we got our first cat over 25 years ago, we did stop getting real trees. I was concerned about the cat getting sap on his fur and then getting it all over the furniture.

Sidewinder

"Say what, crackerhead?"
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I do Christmas differently now that I live solely with cats... no tree, just lights, flashing window ornaments (bell & candle, each large enough to catch someone's attention a block away), and a red & green yarn thingy with bells on it which I drape over a wide doorway. My family & I always had trees in the past, but now that we all live in different states or countries, it's not really worth doing the tree number... we sold off most of our ornaments at the estate sale in Coronado, all I kept were those things I mentioned. I think lights are cheerful enough, no tree is required in my home. Here's an early Christmas present from Barn Kitty MuuMuu:

IMG_5754.JPG IMG_5755.JPG

"MY TURN TO DRIVE, YEAH, BOSS?" :coolcat:

Actually, that's not the vehicle I use, I just saw MuuMuu chillin' in the driver's seat so I snapped a couple of pics, LOL. Don't mind the mess in the background... we've yet to reorganize that corner, and that shipment of golf cart tires which just arrived will be stored up in the loft. I cut the lines to free 'em after these pics were taken, so the tires will slowly regain their shape. Isn't MuuMuu a pretty little calico cat? She's a real sweetheart, but she has a feisty streak at times... she'll act like she's gonna take a swipe at ya with her claws, but she never really follows through, LOL. :cutecat:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I do Christmas differently now that I live solely with cats... no tree, just lights, flashing window ornaments (bell & candle, each large enough to catch someone's attention a block away), and a red & green yarn thingy with bells on it which I drape over a wide doorway. My family & I always had trees in the past, but now that we all live in different states or countries, it's not really worth doing the tree number... we sold off most of our ornaments at the estate sale in Coronado, all I kept were those things I mentioned. I think lights are cheerful enough, no tree is required in my home. Here's an early Christmas present from Barn Kitty MuuMuu:

View attachment 307804 View attachment 307805

"MY TURN TO DRIVE, YEAH, BOSS?" :coolcat:

Actually, that's not the vehicle I use, I just saw MuuMuu chillin' in the driver's seat so I snapped a couple of pics, LOL. Don't mind the mess in the background... we've yet to reorganize that corner, and that shipment of golf cart tires which just arrived will be stored up in the loft. I cut the lines to free 'em after these pics were taken, so the tires will slowly regain their shape. Isn't MuuMuu a pretty little calico cat? She's a real sweetheart, but she has a feisty streak at times... she'll act like she's gonna take a swipe at ya with her claws, but she never really follows through, LOL. :cutecat:
She is a beautiful cat and seems to be living a very good life.