GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Hi everybody :wave2:

Have you ever been kicked or bitten by an animal ? :frown:

I work with animals, so for me it kinda comes with the territory :lol:
In 15+ years in my job I've been bitten 4 times. Three cat bites, one dog bite & many countless near misses. :crazy:
The three cats bites were two in the hand & one in my leg just below my knee. All by different cats at different times. The dog bite was at the top of my leg in my thigh.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Let's see- I was 6 or 7 when I was kicked by a cow I was trying to hook up to a milking machine, and I have been bitten by dogs several times, and cats once.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've only been bitten (as in drawing blood. I'm sure I've been nipped so many times I don't remember) by a dog once, on the back of the calf. It was a small dog, thankfully. My whole calf turned purple. I can't imagine the damage a larger dog could do.

I don't think I can remember or count how many times I've been bitten by cats, lol. 2 of the worst---once, when my cat was in heat, we were catsitting 2 (neutered) male cats. I thought (as a 10-year-old) that seeing some males might make her feel better, even if they were neutered. I walked into their house with her in my arms and one of the male cats went ballistic and attacked my legs. Of course, now I know that you DON'T bring a strange cat into another cat's house without some precautions, especially if she's in heat! But that was pretty bad. Another time, one of our cats was freaked out because the pump on the airbed was running. I noticed she was scared and tried to pet her to calm her down, and she attacked my arm. Also my fault, also pretty bad. Don't pet a freaked-out cat!

weebeasties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was bitten pretty badly on the shoulder by a horse once. Wasn't the horse's fault. It wasn't exactly tame and it got spooked and I just happened to be standing between it and the exit.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have had two dog bites, both smaller dogs so there was more bruising then anything else. I have had one cat bite. That was from my very mellow laid back cat, Patches, his tail was caught in the hinge side of a door when I closed it. He bit me on the top of the foot. He wasn't up to date on shots because of liver damage. Luckily it bled a lot and I just let it bleed for awhile so it didn't get infected.

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My grandmother's cat Ginger HATED children. Whenever we visited, she would hide under furniture and scratch us as we walked by.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Never.
Oops, I'm lying. ;)

Bitten by: Dogs, cats, kittens, the occasional toddler going through that "biting" stage.
Kicked/injured by: Dogs, cats, kittens, the occasional toddler going through that "biting kicking" stage, horses, cows, chickens, pet birds, a goat, llamas, and an alpaca that had it in for me. That insane creature wanted to kill me.

Oh, and I got chased by a goose once.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, birds. I was chased by a swan when I was 5. They aren't very nice! Geese will chase anyone but I've never felt like they really meant it the way that swan did. And my mom has a Quaker parrot who hates me. I don't get close enough for her to bite me anymore ;). And we always had budgies when I was little and I'm sure they bit me once or twice.

One of my ball pythons bit me once, but he didn't mean it. He thought I was a mouse, and let go as soon as he realized I wasn't. So it just barely broke skin.

I also was bitten by a salamander once. They don't have teeth, but did you know their mouths are like razors? I didn't before that bite. It hurt like a paper cut, ouch.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, birds. I was chased by a swan when I was 5. They aren't very nice! Geese will chase anyone but I've never felt like they really meant it the way that swan did. And my mom has a Quaker parrot who hates me. I don't get close enough for her to bite me anymore ;). And we always had budgies when I was little and I'm sure they bit me once or twice.

One of my ball pythons bit me once, but he didn't mean it. He thought I was a mouse, and let go as soon as he realized I wasn't. So it just barely broke skin.

I also was bitten by a salamander once. They don't have teeth, but did you know their mouths are like razors? I didn't before that bite. It hurt like a paper cut, ouch.
Wild birds I avoid. The goose that was chasing me had babies and I had no intention of bothering her kids, I was passing by and she flipped.
They are kind of funny when they run, even though you're sure you're going to die. Head down, stuck out, wings up, honking like mad. It kind of looked like me when someone tried to take the last loaded potato skin last time we went to Texas Roadhouse.
I never knew that about salamanders, that's really strange...I always assumed they had teeth.
Oh, I forgot one. I got bit repeatedly by a fish because (I'm pretty sure) stumbled into her egg nest thing and probably crushed all her kids. Sorry, fish.

rgwanner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I was bitten by my cat many years ago. A squirrel had gotten into my apt. probably from an open patio door. The cat was trying to eat the squirrel and I got between them somehow and the cat bit me. It was fairly deep puncture wound and a day or so later was red and infected and swollen. I had to take anti-biotics and hold my arm up for a week.

I have had many other less serious bites, but only from cats.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Where do I start? I've been kicked by horses..a lot. I have a horseshoe shaped scar on my head, where he split it open. I've cracked my hip, my knee and had my foot shattered by a horse. Have a 3"-4" scar on my leg where a horse trampled me and cut my Achilles tendon. Got slammed in the head again and got a concussion, which gave me vertigo, and caused me to have to sell my motorcycle. I'm sure there's more on the horses, but I've forgotten a lot. Been bit many times by dogs. Have a huge scar on my arm where my Dalmatian got me. Even been bit by my snake, who is slightly venomous. Fortunately, not so much to humans, so I was ok.
And don't even get me started on Samai. She thought (and still does, I think) that she is a Tsavo lion. I was bloody a lot when she was little.

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
I once had a dog attack my face. He tore off most of my upper lip, all of the skin above that, and pierced my nose in six places. I had some reconstructive surgery and a series of rabies shots. I still like dogs.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I never knew that about salamanders, that's really strange...I always assumed they had teeth.
OK, I should have looked that up. Apparently they do have teeth, but they're teeny tiny and close together and that gives the impression of razor mouth instead of distinct teeth. The salamanders were my pets so I got to look at their mouths more than one might usually look at a salamander's mouth :D.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OK, I should have looked that up. Apparently they do have teeth, but they're teeny tiny and close together and that gives the impression of razor mouth instead of distinct teeth. The salamanders were my pets so I got to look at their mouths more than one might usually look at a salamander's mouth :D.
Well, I've been bitten by 5 week old kittens, and those cute little tiny milk teeth can pack a punch that will make you bleed and cry like a little girl, so I understand the razor mouth thing.
Don't let tiny teeth fool you. They hurt!
So did that 2 year old that decided biting was a good way to get things done. Thank God that 2 year old grew up into a decent, non-biting human being who can use her words vs. her fangs :flail:

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Other than the typical cat and dog bites from my pets, I've also been bitten by a duck (I was feeding it, so it was completely accidental), then my pet birds as well. I've been stung by a lot of bees. When I was 2, I got attacked by bees and was stung all over my eye. My mom said my eye actually swelled shut.

Kitty Mommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
When I was in the 3rd grade I was bitten by a friend's German Shepard on the inside of my elbow. I still have quite a nasty scar all these years later.

And of course having cats I have had an assortment of bites and scratches. Just comes with the territory.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I was in the 3rd grade I was bitten by a friend's German Shepard on the inside of my elbow. I still have quite a nasty scar all these years later.

And of course having cats I have had an assortment of bites and scratches. Just comes with the territory.
I got kicked once right in the butt by a horse.
My wife is laughing as I remind her of this. We joke that the scar will be there on my "died of old age" coroners report as a "suspicious mark" :crackup:

RajaNMizu

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Personally, no, but my youngest son was bitten by a pitbull on his neck about three years ago and has a number of scars from it. Sadly, they had to put the pit to sleep. My son was almost 17 and wasn't even interacting with the dog and had known him for a few days. Sad situation all around.