Question of the Day, Sunday, the 9th of August, 2020

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
HELLO, HELLO and HAPPY SUNDAY!!!!!

What is your fave month, your least fave, and why?

October is my fave because in Ohio we have the most direct sunlight than any other month. Also low humidly and the leaves begin to change. It's beautiful. I love the days when no a.c. or heat is required 🍂☀

My least fave is February. So cold and the lack of sun really gets to me. There can be a lot of snow as well.🌨❄
Patrick and I would go to Key West for a week around the middle of February with another couple which was amazing, but walking out of the airport in Columbus was startling.

What are yours?

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My favorite would be October as well, and my least favorite is March- the weather is somewhere between blechh and gawdawful, mostly the latter.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
The weather and temperatures are usually the best here in October. December is horrible because the days are so short; I don't know how the Scandinavians, Russians, etc., stand it, as they're farther north.

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My favourite is September, still warm but not too hot and still plenty of sunlight. My least favorite is January, it's cold, usually wet and people seem to be down after Christmas and New Year.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Favorite is September because it is my birth month and the start of the Fall season.

Least is January because the holiday season is officially over and it is always a let down.

Last edited:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
It depends which country I'm in. In Japan I like November the best, because the weather is perfect for hiking and riding, but it's still warm enough to be outside most of the day. July is the worst, because it rains solidly for the whole month.

When I lived in the UK I liked July and didn't like November.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
When I was younger, I would have probably said July was my favorite because of the heat. I love being warm. As I get older though, I'm thinking April/May because it holds the promise of new life. You go outside and there are so many shades of green on trees, in the yard, along the road. And I just love the smell of lilacs in the spring. As a rule, May is before all the intense heat of the summer and, again, as I get older, I'm starting to mind the heat more. Around here, July was our hottest July on record; we had a lot of 90-degree days. With no AC in the house, it gets to us after a while.

I still despise being cold, so January, February, and March vie for the ugliest month. January is right after all the holiday hoopla and everything is so bleak after taking down all the Christmas lights and decorations. February is just miserable, no matter how I try to spin it. It's cold and snowy and icy and all you see is brown: brownish/grey bark on the trees, brown, dirty snow. March is wind from the beginning of the month to end.....gusty wind. Nothing else. Just wind. It howls around the house. We're still getting snow and ice. A truly miserable month.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Favourite month: I love all the summer months, but maybe June just a bit more than the others, as you get the longest days, plus it's before the heat really sets in, so lawns and all the trees / plants still look fresh and green. October could be a favourite, with the beautiful colourful leaves, but it's also depressing knowing that with each day winter is getting closer and closer.

Least Favourite: January probably, as it's the darkest month, and always seems darker once everyone turns off their outside Christmas lights. February, though a short month, can be quite depressing as well. And March, though it can have hints that spring is on the way, can also be way too wintery, but at least by then the days are getting much longer.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Definitely October. It is cool, sometimes cold enough to use the fireplace, but usually you don’t have any snow. I live in a big Halloween area and I love to decorate and see what my neighbors have done. In a typical year we will get up to 150 kids.

I also enjoy fall yard work, mulching leaves and putting things away for the long winter,

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Since autumn is my favorite time of year September or October are my favorite months, i.e. apple picking in September and the cool crisp days of October with everything pumpkin. 🎃 My least favorite are probably January or February due to the gloomy gray skies.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Unlike normal people my favorite month is the coldest and the one I hate the most is the hottest. Changes every year depending upon our goofy weather here.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My favorite month is August. It's still hot out but the bugs are mostly gone by then so enjoying the outdoors is much better. It's also when we usually take our holidays to go camping so that's always fun to look forward too. The nights start to cool down as well so it does give some reprieve if the day was too warm.

My least favorite would probably be February. It's usually when we get our freezing temperatures. By then (and even before) I'm SICK of winter and it's just a depressing month overall.

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
April - it starts to get warmer and the beautiful spring blossoms and flowers start to appear, and you can really feel signs of life. The days also get longer but not *too* long. My least favourite month is probably January. Cold and dreary, and all the fun of December is over!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Either September or October here. The weather is usually nice and there are plenty of things to do outdoors. I really like April when everything is in bloom and I can get busy planting things too though.

My least favorite is January. It's dark and cold and the lights from Christmas are gone. February is a tad lighter but cold too. Once March comes the chance of snow and ice goes way down so I'm happy again.

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
November or December, probably. I love the feeling of cold weather and almost-Christmas-time :wavey:
I can't really pick a least favorite, though, I like them all! :)

Last edited: