Question of the day, Sunday, the 2nd of August. 2020

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello, hello and Happy first Sunday of August!!!

I was pondering this last night...memories....some are naughty and some nice, this a naughty one

One of my favorite memories is a party I had when my mother was out of town. It was warm, in the spring.
My father was home but he was clueless. He was 42 when I was born and he was in their bedroom watching a baseball game. We were juniors in high school. We were drinking this cheap alchohol, cherry vodka and lime vodka, about 40 proof. We thought it tasted great and that was the problem, it tasted too great. Our boyfriends dropped by and had snacks I made, pizzas from Pillsbury dough, pizza sauce, cheeses and pepperoni. Some of the girls weren't eating just drinking. Before long, there were girls throwing up on the front lawn, my dad's car had been egged, and it was a hot mess. A friend helped me with the sick girls, we got everything and everyone cleaned up.
I was afraid to tell my dad about the car so I waited till the next day. They all spent the night. Even back
then if drinking, no driving. We had a good time and still talk about it when we see each other, even now.

What is a good memory of yours?

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have acquired a number of good memories- and some not-so-good ones- over the years, but my favorite still comes down to that night in 1970, while I was home on leave for a sister's wedding, when I walked to the local bar, had a few beers, and was about to leave when I met the woman who 2 years later would become my wife, and who 48 years after that still is..

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My friend was a singer in a band and he used to always bring me with them to gigs. We had a lot of good times drinking & dancing.
Other than that, my favorite memory is taming my cats from the woods.
I can't think of any other exciting memories! Most of the good stuff that happens to me is just small things.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My friend was a singer in a band and he used to always bring me with them to gigs. We had a lot of good times drinking & dancing.
Other than that, my favorite memory is taming my cats from the woods.
I can't think of any other exciting memories! Most of the good stuff that happens to me is just small things.
Sometimes, the small memories are the best memories.

Xraystyle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have so many, but since this one happened exactly a year ago, I'll tell this story:

I went to Ireland with the squad representing Irish-born camogie (kind of like field hockey and lacrosse mixed together) and football players in Asia (even though I'm American), to play in the Gaelic Athletic Association World Games and even though my team didn't make it to the finals, my hometown club from Minnesota did! They got to play in Croke Park, the main stadium in Dublin. One of my friends on the team had broken her arm in the first match earlier in the week and in the last few seconds, they managed to sub her on anyway. They ended up winning the match! I was so proud of them because I'd been a part of that team when we first formed a women's squad. When I started, there were only 5 or 6 of us and we were so bad. It was amazing to see how good they'd gotten over the past ten years (I was jealous because there isn't really camogie in Asia, so I've been focusing on football which comes much easier to me since I played soccer growing up).

Anyway, as I was standing next to them watching them lift the trophy and dance and cheer, feeling a bit sad that I'd been away from them for 5 years, the captain of the team, Stef, turned to me and said "This is yours too, you helped us start." And I just started crying my eyes out!! I was so proud and homesick in that moment! 😭

Lola3791

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I was I think 14, my twin sister and I went to summer camp for the first time. I quickly became close with my camp counselor. I was going through some hard times and I asked if I could talk to her about it. We went for a walk around the camp and sat under a tree. I told her about everything I was going through and she had gone through similar things when she was a teenager too. It was the first time I was able to tell someone about what I was going through without the fear of judgement or it being awkward. It helped me so much.

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have lots but one of my favourites is when me and my hubby took the eldest grandson to his first rugby match. It was the grand finale at at Old Trafford, Wigan v Leeds we lost but before the game the DJ that was entertaining the crowd Spoony played you'll never walk alone he was a liverpool fan, It was the first time that had ever been played at Manchester United's home ground. It was a brilliant day even though Wigan lost.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Senior year of high school, my friends would come over after school nearly every day to wait for their mom to pick them up (they moved outside of the school district my senior year, so the friend who was my age didn't want to switch schools for her last year, so she and her sister commuted that one year). We'd play card games and eat pizza rolls. It was during that time that I obtained my nickname that I still get referred to (it's Boob, yes I know that's a weird nickname).

If we are talking about "naughty" memories, I tell people this is my greatest achievement in college (which really says something about how well I did in college :crackup:). I posted a picture I took of some ripped up propaganda newspapers from the controversial school newspaper on my LiveJournal and the newspaper people saw it and posted it on their website. They "hot-linked" the picture though, so that meant I could I change the picture to anything I wanted because they took it from the original source (my photo account). So, I changed the picture to something highly inappropriate.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
A few weeks before my senior year of high school I went on a cruise with my mom and a bunch of people from my church. They had gotten a travel agent to book all of us together. So I had some friends on the cruise and we all had rooms in the same hall. We enjoyed trying fancier foods. We explored Key West (and met some cats!) and Cozumel together. We danced on the teen side of the club. We hung out in the on-deck hot tub after dinner. My friend's sister and cousin were about 6 years older than I am; so my mom let us go with them on Key West instead of having to stick around with adults. Ordering room service whenever we got hungry was fun too. :lol: A lot of us were on the same flights there and home. But one of my best friends left from the airport to go to the college she was transfering to. I was really sad over that at the time; but the picture I have of us together at the airport is still one of my favorites. :hearthrob:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I talked with both my daughters today who live on opposite coasts of the country. I'm so thankful I have a good relationship with both of them which reminded me of my fondest memories, i.e. the day each of them were born. :hearthrob::redheartpump:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
a Christmas back in 1986 when I was home briefly from overseas. My Sister, Mother and I went to an incredible pristine beach in my home state of Tasmania. We had smoked salmon and other wonderful food, swam and walked and were just together. My sister and I buried a bottle of champagne at the waterline to cool it down and when we went back to get it it had gone. There was no one else anywhere around, so we figured it had worked it's way through to China. :)

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Many, many moons ago, Rick and I were camping in northern PA. It was really hot, even up there, and around 1:00 in the morning, Rick suggested that we go skinny dipping in the lake. Well, sure! Why not? We ran down to the lake in shorts and tees, took our clothes off and went in. We didn't jump, we didn't dive because we didn't want to make noise.

Well dang, the rangers patrol the campground and lake on the hour every hour. And there they were. With flashlights. As they started walking down to the lake, I jumped out and ran over behind the bushes and put my clothes on. I don't think I ever dressed that fast. And poor Rick. He came up behind me, but they saw him (we think they saw me, too). You know, they never said a word to us. We went back to our campsite and sat there by the fire for a few hours before turning in. It was probably around 5:00 in the morning by that time.

I'm sure it's not the first time they saw people in the lake late at night.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Were there any creatures where you were swimming? Gators? 😲
If we had crocodiles in Tasmania I'd be very, very worried :lol:
They're heading South from Northern Australia, but Tasmania would be a stretch.

Roxabelle

Human slave to Sinclair the Kitten
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I spent my 16th birthday on holiday in France with my mother, my sisters, and my grandparents. We went out for a meal, and my Gramps got so tipsy that he lined up all the bottles on the table, poured gradually increasing amounts of water into each one, and played the Happy Birthday tune on them like a xylophone.

At the time, I remember sliding down in my seat and wanting the ground in the restaurant to open up and swallow me. It's every 16-year-old's dream to be in the middle of a French restaurant with everyone glaring at the English family making musical instruments on their table. But it is one of those memories that pops into my head at any given time and it always makes me smile, and I wouldn't change a moment of it.

Gramps has never stopped making musical instruments out of glassware and cutlery either, and he still does it on our birthdays to this day :lol:
bb.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
I spent my 16th birthday on holiday in France with my mother, my sisters, and my grandparents. We went out for a meal, and my Gramps got so tipsy that he lined up all the bottles on the table, poured gradually increasing amounts of water into each one, and played the Happy Birthday tune on them like a xylophone.

At the time, I remember sliding down in my seat and wanting the ground in the restaurant to open up and swallow me. It's every 16-year-old's dream to be in the middle of a French restaurant with everyone glaring at the English family making musical instruments on their table. But it is one of those memories that pops into my head at any given time and it always makes me smile, and I wouldn't change a moment of it.

Gramps has never stopped making musical instruments out of glassware and cutlery either, and he still does it on our birthdays to this day :lol:
View attachment 345595
Oh, what a lovely memory!! What did you eat?

Roxabelle

Human slave to Sinclair the Kitten
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh, what a lovely memory!! What did you eat?
I definitely remember having pâté to start. It was always my favourite starter as a meat-eater! My sister tried an oyster for the first time that night too, and promptly cried and ran to the bathroom. She was braver than me! :lol: I honestly can't remember what I had as a main course, because the part of the evening that stole the show was most definitely Grampy and his musical bottles :lol: I remember a lot of wine being consumed that holiday, haha!

Koveshnikov

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
every time our cats return to us because of the Bridge for the next life with us :)