Question of the Day, Sunday the 28th of February, 2021

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello and Happy Last Sunday of February!

Tell us some of your guilty pleasures as in a tv show(s) or a certain movie(s)

I watched every episode of The OC AND I have the entire series on DVD, ha!!
Same with Dawson's Creek but I don't own the series
When I was in high school, I pretended not to like the Brady Bunch
I love all the Elvis movies

What about you?

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Dirty Dancing, The Notebook, Purple Rain. I watch them every chance I get. I don't want them in my collection (well, Rick gave me Purple Rain in my stocking one year for Christmas). I really like the music to DD.

The Dead Files. It's definitely a guilty pleasure and something I wouldn't necessarily to admit to watching.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Two reality shows, I ordinarily do not watch reality shows, would be the Hoarder shows and Six Hundred Pound Life. A&E is coming out with new Hoarder shows starting March 22. I am mainly fascinated with the reasons why people start those behaviors and then have a hard time breaking out of those destructive behaviors.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not one for reality TV, but I do enjoy the Masked Singer and the Curse of Oak Island. Another show I think would be considered a guilty pleasure is Ancient Aliens...and no I'm not a die hard believer, but it's still interesting.
And if anyone ever got in the way of me and The Walking Dead...well, they would have a fitting place on the show! LOL!
Would Grey's Anatomy be considered a guilty pleasure? The drama can be hard to take sometimes, but I've watched it since the beginning, and have to see it thru till the end.

I think that's it.....

Oh wait! Has anyone started watching Cobra Kai? It's so cheesy, but flipping awesome! If you were a fan of The Karate Kid movies...I highly recommend.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't have tv so I don't know any of the newer shows that are being mentioned but
I read about an interesting show.on The Learning Channel. It's called The 1,000 pound
sisters. I think this may be the second season, not sure. I didn't know one person could
weigh that much but you can. One of them had weight loss surgery and recently gave birth
to a baby boy. The other sister has just come out as transgender.

EmersonandEvie

Mom to Evie, Emerson and Dexter
Top Cat
Purraise
I just watched the 25th Anniversary of Les Miserables last night for maybe the 20th time. It's my all-time favorite version, save for Nick Jonas' whiny behind...lol! The Phantom of the Opera is another one I watch over and over. Several Disney moves as well- namely, The Aristocats and The Hunchback of Notre Dame. B would watch the Jurassic Park/Jurassic World series every weekend.

I don't tend to rewatch TV shows. If I rewatch something, it's a "series" that doesn't really follow a plot, like Forensic Files or whatever ghost hunting show is on the Travel Channel.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Two reality shows, I ordinarily do not watch reality shows, would be the Hoarder shows and Six Hundred Pound Life. I am mainly fascinated with the reasons why people start those behaviors and then have a hard time breaking out of those destructive behaviors.
I don't usually watch reality shows either but I do watch Six Hundred Pound Life. It seems to me that most obese people are that way because they were sexually abused as a child. The Hoarder shows make me nauseous.

QUOTE="Mia6, post: 5315488, member: 116749"]
I don't have tv so I don't know any of the newer shows that are being mentioned but
I read about an interesting show.on The Learning Channel. It's called The 1,0k00 pound
sisters. I think this may be the second season, not sure. I didn't know one person could
weigh that much but you can. One of them had weight loss surgery and recently gave birth
to a baby boy. The other sister has just come out as transgender.
[/QUOTE]
TLC has that show. I know the one was pregnant but I didn't know the other one was transgender. I could be wrong but I though I saw on UTube that one of them passed away.

I also like the dead files.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I don't watch as much tv as I used to but there are several shows I follow, e.g. PBS Masterpiece All Creatures Great & Small which just had their season finale and The Good Doctor on ABC. I also enjoy some of the old black/white movies on TCM especially around the holidays. My guilty pleasure is reruns of the show Gilmore Girls which I used to watch with my daughters.

Mr. Meow

Special needs cat expert.
Super Cat
Purraise
Two reality shows, I ordinarily do not watch reality shows, would be the Hoarder shows and Six Hundred Pound Life. A&E is coming out with new Hoarder shows starting March 22. I am mainly fascinated with the reasons why people start those behaviors and then have a hard time breaking out of those destructive behaviors.
I want to watch both of those, but the 600lb life reminds me too much of work and the hoarding shows remind me too much of volunteering at the animal shelter. In fact, we just got a bunch of cats from a hoarding situation last week.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hate the term guilty pleasure. Why should I feel guilt over enjoying something? Needless to say, the things I watch that I unabashedly love are Castle, lots of Hallmark movies, and lately, I've been really into YouTube compilations of people making things or decorating cakes and cookies, etc.