Question of the Day, Sunday, the 27 of December, 2020

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello and Happy Sunday, the last Sunday of 2020!

What are you having for New Year's Eve and Day?

Daniel is making is making his filet chops, already French-boned for Eve and roast pork for Day

What are you having?

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
The same as the past 16 years spending New Year abroad - we will just dine at a quite fancy resto and go back to our apartment. Maybe we will invite some of our friends who are available.

Not much of a meat person, but I would probably have some steak. :)

gilmargl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We don't do or eat anything special - except keep an eye on the cats and their reactions to the fireworks. Fortunately, these are not being sold this year :clapcat: and I hope that no-one in the neighborhood has managed to acquire any. So, hopefully, things will be nice and peaceful - in which case, if I'm not already in bed, I may just drink a small glass of German sparkling wine and hope that the New Year is a good deal better than the old! 🥂🍾

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I never do anything special for New Year's Eve, so this year will be no different. But we usually have a small family brunch on Jan 1, which probably won't be happening, so New Year's Day will be just like any other.

I will probably take down the few Christmas decorations I put up one of those 2 days, that is if I don't get to it sooner. Just not enjoying them this year. :sigh:

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In keeping with my southern upbringing we will be having Hopping John (black eyed peas and rice). I suppose I will make the small ham I got for Christmas dinner and also the greens I have frozen. Eating Hopping John on New Years is supposed to bring good fortune and luck - although it was a dud this year! :oops:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
We always watch movies on New Year's Eve, haven't gone out in years. Last year, we watched in the she shed and will probably do so again this year. On New Year's Eve, I'm making the Big Sandwich, chilled shrimp, and baked brie with crackers and veggies. We'll munch while watching tv. We always kiss at midnight and we'll probably stay up until around 2:00 or so.

On New Year's Day, it's always pork and sauerkraut over mashed potatoes. Always. The last of the cranberry relish and some Christmas cookies. Rick will have cheesecake, if there's any left by then....and I seriously doubt it. That's it.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
In years past we've always watched The Twilight Zone and this year will be no different. I have my favorite episodes and looked up the schedule. Wouldn't you know it, one of my favorites is on in the wee hours of the morning. :frustrated: I hope I can watch it On-Demand.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We're not into celebrating big for New Year's Eve. Been there, done that.
The last few years, we took in food from one of our local fancy restaurants. Unfortunately, all 3 of our favs have had to shut down due to the pandemic and no way would I eat inside any restaurant yet.
So, not sure what I'm cooking yet. Not even sure if I'll have much time to plan it out anyway since I'm working non-stop right now (December is my busiest month because of year end financial close-outs). Honestly at this point I'd be fine with ordering via Door Dash with whomever is delivering LOL.
Probably will watch a movie and crash well before the New Year even hits. Same as last year and the year before, etc.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nothing special, just whatever we decide to have for dinner, just another day. I used to go out for New Years in my 20s, but now I like to be in bed by 10pm.
Me too. I used to go out and party in my 20's but now I just fall asleep watching TV. I also don't eat anything special.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In years past we've always watched The Twilight Zone and this year will be no different. I have my favorite episodes and looked up the schedule. Wouldn't you know it, one of my favorites is on in the wee hours of the morning. :frustrated: I hope I can watch it On-Demand.
I grew up watching the Twilight Zone. What is your favorite episode? Mine is "The Invaders" with Agnes Moorehead.