Question of the Day, Sunday the 25h of October, 2020

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello and Happy Sunday!

What is your favorite room in your house? You can have 2, and one can be your deck or patio.

Mine is my deck. I spend so much time out there beginning about April and I'm still there but
it's been a few days because right now it's in the 30sF, brrrr.... I love reading hard copy books there and listening to the birds having concerts and sometimes fights, ha!

I also love my bedroom. I sleep odd hours because of my physical probs and it's like a nest.
I have a comfortable bed, soft throws and blankets, and of course my Callie girl to snuggle with. The lighting is soft and cozy and I keep it dark, can't sleep with too much light. I keep a small basket close to me that contains a Vicks decongestant stick, a days worth of meds, hand cream, Lidocaine ointment, lip balm and a small bottle of water. A writing tablet and pen, a box of Puffs, my er response button, and my phone and Fire are next to it.

What about you?

Last edited:

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The balcony off my bedroom. There are trees close and lots of birds and a young squirrel to watch and the mountains in the distance. As both of my cats spend a lot of time out there I have put netting all around and on top to stop them trying to leap onto the trees.
My favourite room indoors is the conservatory, so much light and again I can see the mountains.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't have many rooms to choose from because I have 3 other people in the house that occupy several of the rooms at various times during the day. I would pick our living room. We redid the room about a year ago and I love the way it turned out. I also have seasonal decor up too that makes me happy. I spend most of my time in the living room when not working or doing chores.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
My kitchen. I can spend all day puttering around in the kitchen and I'm a happy camper. And you never know what's going to come out of the kitchen!

The she shed and its deck. I love spending time in the shed, but I also love sitting in my rocking chair on the deck. Sometimes I'll read, but more often, I just sit there and watch. I watch everything: the birds, the squirrels, even the leaves blowing in the breeze. We have five white pine trees right in front of the deck and I love the texture of their bark. I even enjoy listening to the sounds of lawnmowers. It's just a nice place to be. (We're going to have to put the chairs in the basement this week. I'm really going to miss the deck when the snow flies and it's too cold to be outside.)

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love, love, love my new kitchen. It is white and light and just looks like a dream. Which it was for a lot of years. The grey subway tile backsplash, the new double oven gas range, the quartz countertops, there is nothing I don't like. The second room would be the bedroom. It is huge and has a beautiful on-suite that has my freestanding tub. I also love the soft grey walls and clean white woodwork. After so many years of dark wood and carpeted floors, all this is a welcome joy in my life!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I love, love, love my new kitchen. It is white and light and just looks like a dream. Which it was for a lot of years. The grey subway tile backsplash, the new double oven gas range, the quartz countertops, there is nothing I don't like. The second room would be the bedroom. It is huge and has a beautiful on-suite that has my freestanding tub. I also love the soft grey walls and clean white woodwork. After so many years of dark wood and carpeted floors, all this is a welcome joy in my life!
Can we see a pic, Di?

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I will take some pictures of it now and post them under a different heading. It will take a while, I have to have my husband download the pictures first, I promise I will learn how! Thanks for your interest, I am so proud of my husband and what he can do with his hands.....

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
The deck, for sure. I've just rigged up a tarp to act as a temporary rain/snow cover so the cats and I can go out and enjoy the fresh air even if it's not the perfect outdoor day.

Second would be my office. I've just redecorated it and it's the cleanest room in the house.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
at this point in time its any room thats away and out of my girlfriends hair:lol:she is on her last semester of her doctorate class at usc online high stress and lots of papers to write its almost done now though and soon i will have my sweet lil lady back again and not this snarly,grumbly,hunched lil lady:lol: freaking out over homework:flail:is that bad i find it amusing or cute her anxiety over school?:lol:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
First would be the family room since it looks out onto the yard with a lovely magnolia tree. It's also where Carleton loves to sleep in my lap when I'm reading or watching tv. Second would be the patio where I relax in the warmer months.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Probably my office. When I first came to look at the house, it was the room I fell in love with and knew instantly it would be my office. It is the smallest of the three bedrooms, with a tall built in bookcase and a large closet I have divided up into shelves for papers and supplies . I have a small Etsy business so this is where I sew, store my products and package them up when I have a sale. I have travel related art on the walls that I love and even though I don’t use the room on an every day basis, when I go in there it feels like a quiet and cozy retreat.
D43E91E5-60A5-4F86-B04F-9CD8C34E3CF7.jpeg

4EDCD878-42C9-4010-B7D3-23D31B2AFFAF.jpeg

Last edited:

Grayson’s Mummy Julia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I’d say my lounge in autumn / winter when we have a fire lit and Gray lies in front of it. Old movies on all snuggled up with a hot cup of tea and sweet nibbles ☕🍩
Secondly my bedroom - just re did this in pink and it’s so cozy with either the sun shining in or at night with the lamps on.
I truly am a human cat - all about the coziness 😽❤

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Probably my office.
I'm so envious, you're very neat and organized. DH buys and sell antiques as a hobby and we are inundated with his collection. He hates to part with anything. :rolleyes2: That's one of the main reasons I would love to downsize. ;)

I’d say my lounge in autumn / winter when we have a fire lit and Gray lies in front of it.
Oh geez, I forgot about the fireplace in our family room because it just started getting cold here but our dog and cats, (past and present), have always loved to warm up in front of it.

DSCF0022.jpg

gilmargl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
At the moment - none of them. I've just cleared as much as possible from the kitchen, moved all furniture from the hall, the dining room table has been shoved in front of the fireplace and a couch moved to a position in front of the French windows. Small things such as photos have been put in boxes which are now in the 2 bedrooms so that the only reasonable rooms are the bathrooms. But.....
Tomorrow 3 new windows will be installed in the kitchen and living room, after which some of the stuff can go back into the kitchen. The bedrooms and bathrooms will then have to be cleared so that the men can easily get to another 3 windows. Then work will start on the larger complicated widows in the basement, living room and in the 2 bedrooms upstairs. Finally, the new front door and hall window will be installed. No favorites - wait and see how much has to be redecorated after the windows are in place!
Poor cats, won't know where to go!:runningcat:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
At the moment - none of them. I've just cleared as much as possible from the kitchen, moved all furniture from the hall, the dining room table has been shoved in front of the fireplace and a couch moved to a position in front of the French windows. Small things such as photos have been put in boxes which are now in the 2 bedrooms so that the only reasonable rooms are the bathrooms. But.....
Tomorrow 3 new windows will be installed in the kitchen and living room, after which some of the stuff can go back into the kitchen. The bedrooms and bathrooms will then have to be cleared so that the men can easily get to another 3 windows. Then work will start on the larger complicated widows in the basement, living room and in the 2 bedrooms upstairs. Finally, the new front door and hall window will be installed. No favorites - wait and see how much has to be redecorated after the windows are in place!
Poor cats, won't know where to go!:runningcat:
Wow. Big job and mess, but it will be worth it!