Question of the Day, Sunday the 24th of May, 2020

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Good Morning and Happy Sunday!

I've asked this before but will again.

What's your fave go to outfit for those of you in the Northern Hemisphere during hot weather?

The same question for those of you in the Southern Hemisphere during your cooler months?

My fave is thin cotton pj bottoms with a tank or sleeveless tee-shirt and a good pair of cool slippers for outside, and a baseball cap.

What are yours? Show us a pic if you'd like!

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
I live in Guru Pants, summer or winter.. they're made by a company over here called Boom Shankar. But around the house in winter I'm in comfy track suit pants and my lovely old pink cashmere jumper (like right now..)

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It depends on what I'm doing at the time. If it involves getting in the dirt, then it's my go-to carpenter pants. If not, it's a pair of cut-off jeans. Either way, it's a t-shirt for the top.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I wear blue jeans and t shirt year round. We don't go out anymore so it's good enough for me

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
When it's really hot I'll wear shorts, but my favourite clothing combination is capris, a sleeveless top and sandals.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I wear shorts and a cool short sleeve or sleeveless top. When I go anywhere I exchange the shorts for blue jeans and change back to shorts when I get home. I am long past the point where I am comfortable wearing shorts outside of home.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
I live in Guru Pants, summer or winter.. they're made by a company over here called Boom Shankar. But around the house in winter I'm in comfy track suit pants and my lovely old pink cashmere jumper (like right now..)
Just viewed Boom Shankar. I would love a guru jumpsuit! They're on sale but I imagine
the shipping is more than the jumpsuit. I love the sound of your old pink cashmere jumper.
I have old navy blue one with bleach stains. but I still wear it while at home.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
I am long past the point where I am comfortable wearing shorts outside of home.
I'm with you on that, unless they were very long shorts.
Remember the diaper shorts of the 80s?? Ha!!

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Just viewed Boom Shankar. I would love a guru jumpsuit! They're on sale but I imagine
the shipping is more than the jumpsuit. I love the sound of your old pink cashmere jumper.
I have old navy blue one with bleach stains. but I still wear it while at home.
Remember the exchange rate.. $77 Aus is about $50 US. And no, I don't have shares in the company :lol:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
my favourite clothing combination is capris
Capris look hideous on me because I'm so tall. Same thing with overalls and jumpsuits.
My fave outfit is jeans or khakis or corduroys with a nice short sleeve shirt. The ones that look like a t-shirt, but a little dressier and more form fitting. I think my long legs look funny in shorts, but maybe I will try again this summer since I lost a lot of weight, they might look better.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Anything comfy. Either little cotton stretch shorty shorts or capris and a tank top or thin tunic if it's really hot, or leggings or track pants and a T shirt of sorts if it's a bit cooler. I'll also wear little cotton tank top style dresses if it's too hot as well. As for footwear, I have flip flop style slippers if it's hot, or I'll wear my regular slippers and fuzzy socks if it's cooler.
If I'm going to be outside doing work. My outfit is still comfy, but the length of sleeves and pants is determined on how bad the bugs are.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
During hot weather I wear shorts and a tee shirt, plain and simple. Around the house I go barefoot but outdoors I wear sandals. I'm not a big fan of heat and humidity so whatever is the most comfortable works for me. ;)

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, I forgot to say what I like for footwear. I'm weird, I like washable shoes! I hate wearing sneakers that I can't submerge in soap and water. So right now I'm wearing these white shower shoes, and I have some flip flops. I need to find some more washable ones. Maybe Crocs?

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I usually wear shorts and a t-shirt when it's hot. Mostly elastic-waist lightweight material shorts with cargo-style pockets. I also have some long bermuda-style shorts/capris that are longer than shorts but shorter than capris. Knickers? Idk. I like them though.
Capris look hideous on me because I'm so tall.
I'm not sure anyone looks good in capris, lol. Short people look like they're standing in a bucket, and tall people look like they've outgrown their pants. Ah, well, they're comfy and are allowed at work and that's all that counts ;).

(Funny story about dress code compliance and capris---my boss is a man, and he wears those baggy mid-calf shorts to work. The dress code says postmasters may not wear shorts but they may wear capris, and gender discrimination is illegal. So they have to put up with him wearing those, whether they like it or not ;).)
I like washable shoes!
I've been wearing these lately. Same material as crocs, designed like Birkenstocks. I love them! Idk if they look especially stylish but I'm past caring about that. I saw some at Walmart for $11-$12 but I don't know if they're as nice, I really like this brand. I got them muddy while taking the dogs out, so I wore them into the shower, haha. Definitely washable anyway:

Amazon.com | EozLink Women's Eva Double Buckle Sandal Two Band Slide Sandals Slip on Footbed Sandal Open Toe Sandals … | Sandals

Last edited:

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wear jeans and a tee shirt in the summer, but if it's hot outside and I want to work in the yard I'll wear those pants that end at the knee (capris?) and a tank top. I never wear that in public, though, because my foot brace is exposed and I'm too old for a tank top.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't do well with heat and humidity either,so my usual attire for this weather is shorts and a tank top.If we have to go out,then capris and a tee.Around the house I wear my crocs,otherwise tennis shoes.

Xraystyle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
soccer shorts and a t-shirt if it's the weekend. Otherwise, I still wear jeans even in the dead heat of summer as I've got tattoos on my legs and those are not supposed to be seen by the students (though plenty of us foreign teachers have visible tattoos these days).
These are really popular here, but they don't work for me for some reason probably just the fact that I don't really like synthetic fabrics (I give soccer shorts a pass)
South Korean women wear 'refrigerator pants' to beat the heat - CNN

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Depending on just how hot it is, I wear a T-shirt and jeans or a Boho maxi skirt. I have a couple of pairs of sweatpant-style shorts I sometimes wear around the house, but wouldn't be caught dead in when I'm out.