Question of the Day, Sunday the 22nd of November 2020

CatladyJan

<><
Top Cat
Purraise
Many years ago when times were hard I received a lotto ticket from my sister and BIL. I had won $10,000 and was so ecstatic and it turns out it was completely bogus. That's just not a good gag gift for Christmas.

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
A former friend gave me a hideous Pocketbook for Christmas. She was cheap and never bought things for anyone, instead she regifted anything given to her. That pocketbook was gifted to her by her grandma, so her bad gift became mine.🙄

Xraystyle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I don't think I've ever worn a size Small. I always get Medium or Large. I prefer Medium, but a couple times the shirts were too small in the arms or too tight.
If we're being honest, I can smoosh myself into small shirts (even extra small), but my hips are so wide that small shirts bunch up badly, so I usually get shirts big enough to not ride up. Most of my t-shirts are men's mediums or larges. I'm not really concerned with my "silhouette" and would rather be comfortable. (Women's shirts are often too short in length or have really open necklines which I don't like) I have a shirt that's like XXL that was sent to me by accident, but I love it and wear it all the time. Put it under an oversized flannel or cardigan and it's a look.
If only I could trim down this butt hahahaha but nothing has ever worked. Genetics are too strong.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I remembered another bad gift turned good. My step-grandma loved to give gifts at Christmas but there are literally dozens of grandkids. (She had 8 kids herself.) Several times as a teenager she gave me Barbies. My youngest stepsister was still young enough to want them so that worked out. Plus I'd spend a little time playing with her too and she loved that. :)

But one year my step-grandma gave me a doll that was supposed to be Snow White. It was about 18" tall; so not a small doll. The dress was actually nice. But the doll... her eyelashes were glued on upside down and her eyes didn't close right! :paranoid: And the dress didn't fit quite right either. I ended up stuffing her bosom with a little bubble wrap and it looked much better. My Mom did something with the freaky eyelashes too and we passed the doll along to a girl who would enjoy it.
Most of my t-shirts are men's mediums or larges.
I just got my kids and I matching shirts for Christmas baking. I'm at that place where I can usually wear a women's 1x but sometimes I still need a 2x. So I ordered a 2x not thinking 'unisex'. I'm swimming in it. The sleeves completely cover my hands and then some. It's almost a nightgown.:flail:It's intended for baking anyway; so I think I'll pin the sleeves to be 3/4 sleeves. And then wear it as a nightgown after Christmas.:lol2: ;)

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww man. I was gonna say cheese is an awesome gift. But then I read the slimy smelly part. That's too bad, that could have been the best gift if they bought you fresh cheese! 🧀

Those must have been some awesome PJ's. I bet they were cozy warm. :thumbsup:
The women that gave me the cheese did not even liked me. I don't know why she bothered.
Yes, the PJ's were awesome. Kathy was an awesome friend.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
I think I've posted about this one before but it's still funny. This was a gift from my mom for Christmas 3-4 years ago. I like Mexican folk art so I guess she thought this was close enough? :dunno: I was going to give it away but my little granddaughter loves it. She sticks her finger in its mouth and pretends it's trying to bite her. :lol:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I almost forgot the sweater I got from my step mother! It was a pullover knit with these little Pom poms all over it. Would have been just odd instead of awful except that when worn two of the pom poms were perfectly placed to be an extra set of nipples. Straight into the trash it went.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I don't remember ever getting a really bad gift. Some were a little questionable, but nothing really bad.
My co-workers and I never really exchanged gifts or anything; some of us just brought homemade cookies and such into work for us all to enjoy. We always went together for our Director's gift and he always gave us a nice holiday bonus.

Sometimes Rick will buy me something for the kitchen for Christmas. But he knows me! And he knows that I'll love it. I'm not one for jewelry or perfume or anything like that. But give me something I can use in the kitchen and I'm over the moon. One year, he gave me my Shun Premier knives and I thought I'd died and went to heaven. One of my GFs thought it was the tackiest thing ever. I thought it was awesome.

Guess I've just been lucky.

I read something on FB the other day that has stuck with me. If a person works for $10 an hour and buys you a gift that's worth about $30, that person had to work for three hours to afford your gift. It may not have been the best gift ever, but that person thought enough of you to buy it. (And, in most cases, that's true)