Question of the Day. Sunday the 1st of August

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, cataract surgery corrected my vision back to 20/25, but I do wear progressive lenses so I can see near things. It's great not to need them for driving. I can't use these 25-year-old glasses for reading, though, so I use reading glasses for that. I have some clip-on sunglasses. Snow blindness is a real thing, so they're great in the winter.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You can get correction lenses implanted when you have the cataract surgery. Medicare doesn’t pay for them so its about $1200 or so per eye if you want that done.
That's what my mom did when she had her cataract surgery.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wear glasses and have a fairly low prescription. I can see without my glasses, things are just a little more difficult to focus on. Because my prescription is so low, I'm not entirely sure if I'm near or far sighted. I will probably never get contacts because the idea of getting close to my eyeball freaks me out too much. As for glasses, I usually get several cute or fun frames from Zenni since they are so much cheaper than at the eye doctor.

KittyJ

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm nearsighted or farsighted. Darn, I don't remember how that works. Doc says I have astigmatism in one eye. I have glasses but I don't wear them because I can legally drive without them. I used to strain my eyes really, really bad because one eye could see better than the other so it did all the "seeing" so it would get stained. They've pretty much evened out now.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm very nearsighted. Like if glasses suddenly disappeared I'd be disabled kind of nearsighted.
Same here :sigh: I can see but everything is just so out of focus and fuzzy. I can make my way around without glasses on. I can only clearly see things like letters and numbers that are within inches of my eyes :paperbag: Yes, I've dealt with many people over the years insisting that I take my glasses off and then asking me how many fingers they're holding up from several feet away :cringe: I'm not blind, you idiot :angrywoman:

I do need to make an eye appointment soon. I definitely need new prescription safety glasses to wear at work. My current pair is starting to fall apart at the silicone nose cushion thingy.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've worn glasses since I was 10 or so and hated them.But,now that I had the cataract surgery thing,I have cheaters in every room so I can read,a pair I keep in my purse,and a pair I wear for computer use.As for sunglasses,my eyes are sensitive to bright sun and glare so mine are very dark.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Fortunately I took after my parents and have never worn glasses. My sister on the other hand has needed them since elementary school. I do wear sunglasses because my eyes are starting to be sensitive to light and I should probably make an appointment with the ophthalmologist.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
I've been paying a fortune for progressive lenses, but my distance vision has improved so much that I now only need them for reading etc. now. I tend to like to have ones that will sit on the end of my nose. Not trendy, but practical.