Question of the Day, Sunday the 18th of October, 2020

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I'm not a big traveler by any stretch. Something Rick and I have been talking about is driving out Route 6 in northern PA from east to west. Stopping when we feel like it, checking out restaurants and such, just seeing what's interesting.

While it is interesting to go to other countries, I'm more interested right now in just seeing what Pennsylvania has to offer. And Route 6 seems like such an interesting path.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Norway. I've wanted to go there for years. I'd like to find the place where my grandparents went on their trip years ago and take a picture of myself in the same spot. My grandma made a quilt from that picture (which I have hanging in my living room), so it would be extra special.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not a big traveler by any stretch. Something Rick and I have been talking about is driving out Route 6 in northern PA from east to west. Stopping when we feel like it, checking out restaurants and such, just seeing what's interesting.

While it is interesting to go to other countries, I'm more interested right now in just seeing what Pennsylvania has to offer. And Route 6 seems like such an interesting path.
Yes, it is, but Route 219 is interesting as well. Route 11, too.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
I would take a train ride. The Rocky Mountaineer goes from Vancouver through the Canadian Rockies to, I believe, Banff. It only travels during the day and stops at hotels each night. You don't take this train to actually go somewhere; you take it for the scenery and the experience.
My family did this trip in 2002 to celebrate my mom’s 80th birthday! It was absolutely wonderful. I loved every minute of it!

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
I would love to go to Vancouver Island. I’ve travelled to many places on this earth as I used to work as cabin crew. But never made it there. Has anyone ever been? The pictures look like heaven on earth 🌍❤🦋🐠 ✈ ☀
Yes, it’s a great place to visit!

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
YEP! They're called Leenalchi! The song is called "Tiger is Coming"
Great, thank you! I'll see if I can get their album.
I would go to Japan
Come and visit me! There are outdoor onsen near here where you can see Mount Fuji and we get as much snow as they do in Hokkaido.

I'm quiet heavily tattooed as well, but some of the ryokan let you reserve a private half hour slot in their outdoor baths. One place I visited in Nagano had wild monkey in the trees next to the bath.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
DISNEY!!

In about 4 weeks it'll have been 4 years since we went. When we came home it was exhausting and I couldn't imagine going back anytime soon. But after about a year and a half...I started dreaming of it. They were setting up for Christmas while we were there and Christmas at Disney truly is magical. The looks on my kid's faces were beyond priceless. My son was so beside himself when he met the Mickey that can talk back to you in Mickey's voice that even the Cast Members in the room were in stitches and I had tears from laughing so hard.

I've almost had DH back on board with going again but he changes his mind. My Mom too. (My Mom and Step-dad went with us and split some of the cost for the kids.) DH just doesn't want to spend the money. So all expense paid? Yeah I could go wild with a luxury resort there and enjoying the restaurants. And with my kids being older we can do bigger rides and the ons we missed out on last time. I never would have thought that I would become a Disney Parks fan; but yeah I am. I have a friend who was there last week and enjoyed it in spite of the changes. It sounds like they got to ride MORE rides because of the limited capacity at the parks. And they are doing mini-pop up parades so you still get to see characters. It's made me more wistful for it since we have no plans for any real vacation. :bawling2: Sometimes when I'm stressed out I go on their website and start planning a trip. Even the planning is fun now that I know what I'm doing with it. The anticipation! :sigh: Someday! :)

Xraystyle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Great, thank you! I'll see if I can get their album.

Come and visit me! There are outdoor onsen near here where you can see Mount Fuji and we get as much snow as they do in Hokkaido.

I'm quiet heavily tattooed as well, but some of the ryokan let you reserve a private half hour slot in their outdoor baths. One place I visited in Nagano had wild monkey in the trees next to the bath.
OHHH! I have stayed at a guesthouse in Hakone before, is that near you? But that was before all the tattoos and I was with a university group. The process we devised to share the guesthouse's private onsen was hilarious. I tried to go back to Hakone on a different trip but it was during Lunar New Year so everything was completely full of Chinese tourists and the traffic was horrendous. I made it to the Hakone checkpoint and the big temple and basically nothing else. Spent more time on transit than on foot and didn't even eat anything basically the entire day! (I think I might have cried into some microwavable rice and baked snap pea chips when I finally got back to my hostel in Tokyo lol)

We should do a trip exchange~ I am hoping to go to Tokyo at least by next August (trying to be optimistic). I've made friends with a guy who runs a Joe Strummer tribute hang out place near Fuji Rock Fest and so would really like to go to the party he throws every year~ Then you can come to Seoul (fall is the best time, imo)!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Only a week would limit me. Lol I would truly like to go many, many places! I never leave the Clowder but IF all the stars aligned and it was still allowed, I would take my Dad back to the island where we used to camp or the islands where my mothers family originated. Only accessible by boat and no other humans around. Complete beauty, peace, nature and wonderful air! Undisturbed by any human occupation or structures and surrounded by ocean. More time? Around the world! Space flight would be very cool too! :lol: There’s actually no place that I know of that I wouldn’t visit. Anyone seen Singapore? Dreaming is lovely! Good question!

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bad question for me at the moment. Sorry to mention the pandemic but they have started lifting lockdown here and I just want to go anywhere, some where, just outa here.
Point the car in one direction and just keep driving until I run out of road or money.

pearl99

Pearl, my labrador who loved cats. RIP.
Top Cat
Purraise
I would like to go to Cumberland Island off the coast of Georgia and see the baby turtles race to the ocean, and camp in a tent- it's undeveloped and has forests, beaches, marshes. My family used to go to Jekyll Island, another island in the chain of channel islands there in the summer and rent vacation houses. We never made it to Cumberland, but I've wanted to go there.

Or Alaska.