Question of the Day, Sunday the 18th of October, 2020

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello and Happy Sunday!

For the sake of this question, there is no pandemic and you have an all expenses paid week long vacation. Where would you go?

I have to pretend that The United Kingdom doesn't quarantine pets. I would go to see my sis, V verna davies . I would bring Cal, and get into all kinds of trouble. I want to see Mt. Snowden but will be happy to just sit and talk and spend time with Buzz and Kiwi, hoping they would love my Cal. I want to have Welsh cakes and bacon rolls with brown sauce and other goodies.

What would you do?

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
And you would be very welcome but come in the summer, it's pretty cold at the top of Snowden.

I would like to visit a few counties, Bermuda, Barbados where a school friend lives but if I only had one week it would have to be a short flight, so I'd choose Capri, beautiful scenery, beaches and great shops.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would take a train ride. The Rocky Mountaineer goes from Vancouver through the Canadian Rockies to, I believe, Banff. It only travels during the day and stops at hotels each night. You don't take this train to actually go somewhere; you take it for the scenery and the experience.

Xraystyle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
South Korea. I've been to a lot of other Asian countries, but not the one closest to me. Also, I've recently become hooked on the song in this video promoting travel in Korea.

Maybe Xraystyle Xraystyle can help me. Do you know the name of this artist?
YEP! They're called Leenalchi! The song is called "Tiger is Coming". I've seen them in concert before and have their album on vinyl! They've really become a viral hit lately! Before them was a group called SsingSsing. The gray-haired bassist was the mastermind behind both groups~

gilmargl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Only a week? Then I'd go to London again before BJ makes me give up my British Passport! But, there are too many iffs! My partner can't or won't) look after himself, let alone the cats. My daughter would (secretly) look after the cats but all hell would be let loose if her husband found out. No-one is willing to look after my partner - not that I can blame them.
A week away from home and I will not want to return......to the cats, yes but some of those on 2 legs? Not really!! ;)
I'd sell it to someone else, I can make better use of money than going somewhere for a week.
Yes, sell it on eBay would be the best idea for me too - and denote the money to the local animal charity where I am a volunteer. :yess:

Xraystyle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I would go to Japan. I've been there a few times, but I have never been to Hokkaido. I would like to go in the winter and just spend an exorbitant amount of money on a private luxury ryokan/onsen. The idea of bathing in an outdoor hot spring at night surrounded by snow is just really enchanting to me since I'm such a northerner! It would have to be private too since I have way too many tattoos for most onsen...haaa I was actually hoping to do that this year, but obviously that's not going to happen. Maybe next Christmas. I'd probably only afford a single night in a regular ryokan though...

maeganj

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Some place non tourist trap with authentic culture. Definitely one of the reason I actually liked working in the mid east once upon a time, people were more real there (from a distance before I was referred to as "my friend!")😂 Aside from that my husband and I want to do a trip with our closest couple friends to Bavaria and do some sort of Oktoberfest thing...get it out of our system before we become geriatric.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I would take a train ride. The Rocky Mountaineer goes from Vancouver through the Canadian Rockies to, I believe, Banff. It only travels during the day and stops at hotels each night. You don't take this train to actually go somewhere; you take it for the scenery and the experience.
I love riding trains and have taken the train across Canada from Toronto to Vancouver. You ride in vintage passenger cars with pull down beds and your own toilet. It was three nights and four days if I recall correctly. The food is gourmet, there are passengers from all over the world and the scenery is amazing.

I have also traveled by train across the Western US. The train from Denver that goes through the Rockies is also an incredible experience.

Last edited:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Even assuming a pandemic free world, I'm still in my third trimester, so I should probably avoid going too far and Zika areas. So I'm thinking Canada, too. Maybe Québec so I could practice my French, though those train rides people are mentioning sound lovely, too.