Question of the Day Sunday the 16th of May, 2021

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This powerful quote from the movie "Tuck Everlasting" really brings it home for me.
View attachment 380696
Not to hijack this thread, but how could I forget Tuck Everlasting?! So many wonderful quotes from that book. I’m actually listening to it as an audiobook right now since it’s been a long time since I’ve read it.
They also have a musical adaptation which is much more accurate to the book than the movie is. Many quotes from thebook are used in the show.

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
Not to hijack this thread, but how could I forget Tuck Everlasting?! So many wonderful quotes from that book. I’m actually listening to it as an audiobook right now since it’s been a long time since I’ve read it.
They also have a musical adaptation which is much more accurate to the book than the movie is. Many quotes from thebook are used in the show.
I read the book when I was young, but remember the movie better. I will see if I can get that downloaded on Audible. It is very inspiring classic. Love it ❤❤❤

Talien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
"Choosing to have a child that you can't take care of is like farting in an elevator. Sure you got it out, but now it's everyone else's problem." - Richard Jeni

"Think of how stupid the average person is. Now realize half of them are even stupider than that." - George Carlin

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Movies:
"Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens."--Captain Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity"
"You want the moon? Just say the word and I'll throw a lasso around it and pull it down."--George Bailey, "It's a Wonderful Life"
"You are my quest."--Hanzo, "Kubo and the Two Strings"
"A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day."--Aragon, "Lord of the Rings: Return of the King"

Literature/Literary Theory:
“She had not known the weight until she felt the freedom.”--Nathaniel Hawthorne, "The Scarlet Letter"
"I do love nothing in the world so well as you: is not that strange?"--William Shakespeare "Much Ado About Nothing"
“You only have to look at the Medusa straight on to see her. And she’s not deadly. She’s beautiful and she’s laughing.” ― Hélène Cixous, "The Laugh of the Medusa"
“It is solely by risking life that freedom is obtained."--G. W. F. Hegel, "The Phenomenology of Spirit"

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
From the Korean Melodrama "When The Weather is Fine", one of the best I have watched so far.

"I know a warm person. When I am next to him, I feel warm like a kettle on top of a stove. To be honest, I didn't even know I was cold. But I realized it when I came back home. That ... I was really cold.."

- Hae Won