Question of the Day, Sunday the 13th of June, 2021

Bri5

Seek justice, love mercy, walk humbly.
Alpha Cat
Purraise
So the organizations are accepting hair donations now? How did you go about getting it cut and sending it off? I've been waiting to do that since the pandemic started.
Basically all the ones I looked into are still/once again accepting. I followed the instructions for the one I chose and had my stylist make several ponytails around my head, cut the clean and dry hair above the elastics, and then combined them and put them in a plastic baggie to mail in with a form. Different orgs take anywhere from 8in to 12 in minimums, and have different rules on colored hair.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I stopped having my roots done during the pandemic. I had retired and figured enough was enough. I was tired of spending the money and tired of sitting in a chair for two hours at the salon. I last got my hair cut last September, I think, and had 4 inches taken off. At that point, my hair was shoulder-length.

My hair is now down to my bra strap, if not a little longer. I was going to make an appt for a cut, but then I boogered my leg. The whites are down to my ears, probably longer now. And I’m ok with it. I can’t wait until the light auburn is completely gone and I am all white.

Although it really isn’t all white. There are a few greys and some silvers, too. I think it’s kinda pretty and Rick really likes it. Others have remarked that they like it, too….although they’re not going to tell me my hair color sucks, now, are they?

I no longer blow my hair dry. I think that maybe I have blown it dry four times since I retired. I no longer wash it every day, about three times a week now. And let it dry. It is wavy. And it is healthier. Still tangles like crazy, but I really do need a cut; that would help.

I am ok with my hair.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't had a haircut since February before this last one. I always wore it short, but not colored. Right now, I'm just letting it grow and trying to get the sides the same length as the back. When the back starts getting long I grab a handful and hack it off. My husband says I need a haircut. I told him I may never get another one. Since I am now retired, I can't see paying for haircuts.