Question of the Day, Sunday the 13th of June, 2021

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello and Happy Sunday!!

My hair hasn't been cut or colored since last August and it looks scandalous. Nicole said she would treat me to a cut and color
but hates this violet thing I've got goin' on so I've decided to switch to a dark ashy blonde. and a short cut. I'm back to the pony tail.

What's going on with your hair? Are you thinking of a change of style or new color?

Last edited by a moderator:

debbila

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been letting my hair grow since before the pandemic, about two years. I plan to donate it to Children With Hair Loss. Now I can't find a hairdresser who will send it to that organization. Guess I'll have to call the hairdresser I had before I moved and see if they are doing the donations. It's in a city not too far from me.

My hair is blonde/brown and down to the middle of my back. I'm going to wear it a little past shoulder length after I donate it.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
What's going with your hair?
What is going on with my hair? I've asked myself the same question many a time. I used to think it's issues started because I went to art college, but now I believe it was way before that. I think it can be traced back to my early teens, when magazines for teenage girls often contained free gifts of hair colour or those mascara wands to paint streaks in your hair with.

It's been many different colours over the years. A few years ago I decided it was looking totally fried because of all the streaking and tinting, so spent about 12 months just using henna and hair masks. It looked really healthy after that, but just a boring brown.

Then I decided to bleach the underneath section, which hadn't been bleached before, and dye it turquoise. It took several attempts to get it the colour I wanted, but right now I'm quite happy with it. It's a lovely shade of green in the front and underneath and I use black henna on the rest to give it a kind of cool tone that goes well with the green.

Thinking of dying it all midnight blue in a month or two.

nightflower

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I havent had a proper cut at a saloon for a year now. Cut my hair myself about half a year ago.
Starting to grow again. Used to have my hair really short. Since where I am from is a high risk
pandemic area I decided not to risk going to a saloon. I can't decide now if I should cut it myself
again or grow it out. Hair is frizzy now. I want to dye it ash pink it but my hair is a mess :confused:

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I recently got it cut for the first time in a year. I think it looks best at or just above my shoulders, and it's also more manageable.

I've only gotten it dyed once, when I was a teenager. I just wanted a change, so I had it dyed blonde. I don't think I'll ever do it again, though-I've since come to appreciate the color I have. People always comment on how pretty it is.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
my hair is nicely cut and feels awesome but was thinking of getting a lovely shade of purple dyed to it once i can afford the price
Jenn,

If you can get your husband to apply the color, Feria, by Loreal has very pretty shades of purple and it's less
than $10.00

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't had my hair cut in almost two years. I'd like to get it cut to around shoulder length.

I'd also like to cover my few grays with maybe reddish highlights, but that would be too long to be away from J until I'm not her only food source, so just a cut will be lovely.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My hair is the same it's been for...ever.
I've just been letting it grow longer. I don't go to hair salons as they don't know how to cut curly hair, around here anyway, so I just trim my ends myself. I stopped dying my hair back in college, so I'm back to my natural color, which I like. A dark blond with natural high and low lights...and now quite a bit of grey...a really nice silver.
Unfortunately, my hair has been falling out due to stress, so it's pretty thin now, but it will eventually grow back so I try not to stress even more over it.
I've been thinking about doing some cutting and shaping to see if I can get more volume so the hair loss is not as evident, but haven't bit the bullet yet. I have also thought about coloring my hair...but I know I don't want the maintenance, and with my grey coming in, it's actually quite pretty.
We'll see what happens when my hair grows back, and go from there.

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
I have been cutting my hair since the pandemic began. I have a natural wavy and thin hair. I wanted o have it rebonded again but still not safe to go to parlors.

Gray hair also starts to show. So every week I have to dye it on my own, usually brown colored.

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I did not get a hair cut for over a year because of the pandemic. It was driving me CRAZY! A few weeks ago I finally went and had it cut. from well below my shoulders it is now is a short Pixie. I love it! I stopped coloring my hair years ago. I feel like I have earned every gray hair I have. I guess you would call my hair color blonde/silver.

Talien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
my hair is nicely cut and feels awesome but was thinking of getting a lovely shade of purple dyed to it once i can afford the price
Try kool-aid. My sister and her friends used to do that all the time, it only lasts until the next time you wash your hair but you can do whatever color you want for $0.25 or less.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My last haircut was 2 years ago today actually if I went by my Facebook memories. I'm growing it out until it's long enough to donate. I'm nearly to that point, thank God, because I hate having long hair. I mainly wear my hair in a ponytail almost exclusively because I don't like my hair touching my neck.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
It’s bad. It was so long and shaggy that I reached my limit and stopped into a cost cutter and got it all cut one length. It is short but that’s okay. But the way she cut it, very very blunt, looks terrible. I am going to try to get in somewhere for a better cut one of these days.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
My hair was driving me nuts during the pandemic. I'm used to getting a semi-permanent color and trim every three months or so. I couldn't wait for the beauty shop to open again and when it did I had to wait for an appointment but it felt so good. I've had a variety of hair colors over the past but usually highlights or streaks. I finally got tired of that so grew out all the different shades and went with a semi-permanent color close to my natural color. I like to keep my hair close to shoulder length so I can put it back in a ponytail when it gets hot.