Question of the Day, Sunday the 12th of July, 2020

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
My favorite salad dressing really depends on the salad. A chef salad requires Ranch dressing. My favorite salad, with chicken, pecans, mandarin oranges and celery in it needs Balsamic vinegar dressing. And sometimes you just want good old Catalina. My salad greens are always romaine and I Iike fried wontons stripe in for crunch.

My favorite fruit salad has cottage cheese, pineapple, mandarine oranges, powdered orange jello, cool whip and mini marshmallows in it.

Talien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not really a big salad person, but when I do have some I just like Lettuce, Carrot, Radish, maybe some Cabbage, with Italian dressing.

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love big salads, especially green salads, but I can't eat them anymore (digestive issues):bawling: I like them with just a squeeze of lemon juice, salt and pepper, and plenty of lettuce or assorted green leaves as a base.

I haven't had fruit salad in years. I prefer to eat fruit just as it is, or with some soya yogurt.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My favorite dressings are Ranch and Poppyseed. When I make a salad at home it's usually just lettuce, grape tomatoes, croutons, and bacon bits. I'd like to add more vegetables to it, but I get lazy and don't ever want to deal with adding more stuff.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My favorite salad dressings are Ranch and Paul Newman's Family Italian. Whatever veggies I have on hand goes into the salad.

I also love fruit salad. My fave is cantaloupe and dark cherries with lime juice and a touch of sugar. It's delicious.

In the summer when it's hot, I like to keep a selection of salads I've made in the fridge to take out so I don't have to cook. Potato salad, macaroni salad, three bean salad, dill cucumber salad, and chicken, egg, and tuna salad.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I adore salads,with as many goodies as I can cram in the bowl.That's why I refer to them as a kitchen sink salad.There really aren't any dressings that I don't care for except thousand island,but I guess my favorites would be any with blue cheese or a good zesty italian.Fruit salads?Love them!

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love a nice green salad with just some oil and/or balsamic vinegar :)

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I love salads! Especially in the summer.
my usual: Olivia Organics bagged lettuce: baby romaine, or mixed baby lettuce or mix baby lettuce with spinach for the base.

I have to have olives; either plain black or Kalimantan olives.
Good tomatoes, if none available, I go without.
Fresh Radishes, if available.
For protein, I add chicken, turkey, ham, or any meat from deli.

Before this special diet, I would add celery, and either feta cheese or tiny chunks of cheddar
And hard boiled egg. and sometimes have d salami.

My dressing is simple: good EVOO and balsamic vinegar.

A necessity are croutons!!!

Sometimes I use creamy French, thousand island, Italian. My go to and favorite is just the EVOO and balsamic vinegar.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like a fruit salad as long as it doesn't include melons. I'm not fond of the taste of melons and once they;re in there all the fruit takes on that taste. I rarely have a green salad, but when I do I'll eat it with a no dressing.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
We have tossed salad just about every day, with various types of lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, etc., straight from the garden. I love Ranch dressing, but normally we just have fresh vinaigrette on it. Hubby makes that, but doesn't have a particular recipe.

Fruit salad is only an occasional thing for me, but green salad is a "must".

Xraystyle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have two main salads I normally get, both with "oriental" dressing...some kind of sesame/soy thing.

#1 salad: The name is "Kong and Kong" (kong means bean in Korean) Chickpeas and Lentils with pesto w/ tomato, egg, olives, and whatever lettuce the place has available that day
1594620052563.png

#2 salad: It's just called Mozzarella Salad. They put a little veg mix, egg, potatoes, chickpeas, olives, and tortilla chips on lettuce with cubes of mozzarella and a drizzle of balsamic.
IMG_4259[1].JPG

In an ideal world, they'd have Greek Salads here. But alas. I also like Italian and ranch dressing~

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Vietnamese salad. I'm getting hungry just thinking about it...

mama africa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My favorite salad ingredient is avocado, sprinkled with a pinch of salt and pepper and seasoned with lime juice.
Second favorite ingredient is (raw) chicory salad, seasoned with herb vinaigrette.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
We are salad people. :) We have a large, mixed greens salad every evening, usually with tomatoes (in season), grated carrots and cucumbers. Right now I’m on an Annie’s Shiitake Mushroom Vinaigrette kick.