Question of the Day, Sunday the 11th of October, 2020

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello and Happy Sunday!!

For those of you who like scary movies, what are some of your faves?
If you don't like them what are some of your fave non-scary ones?

I love:

The Blair Witch Project
Paranormal Activity 1,2,3,4
The Ring
The Grudge

The Children and more

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't like scary movies. I can't speak for everyone, of course, but I don't think they're good for people with chronic anxiety like me.

I prefer comedies (especially those of Charlie Chaplin-City Lights is my all-time favorite movie), biopics, musicals, and old movies in general.

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ive enjoyed a few good ones over the years but the one that scared me the most was Jeepers Creepers. I was on my own watching it and had to put the last half on record to watch during the day.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Ive enjoyed a few good ones over the years but the one that scared me the most was Jeepers Creepers. I was on my own watching it and had to put the last half on record to watch during the day.
Oh, I forgot that one..it was scary, sis!!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I'm not a big movie fan. Instead of scary movies, I'll watch episodes of the X-Files for something on the scary side. Thinking along the lines of an X-File called Home.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't like any of the modern blood-and-gore movies, but instead prefer the Hitchcockian suspense thrillers like Psycho or Vertigo or Rear Window. No computer-generated graphics here; the terror was generated in your own mind by what wasn't on the screen, instead of what was..

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Most things by Stephen King. Wasn't fond of Dreamcatcher or Shawshank Redemption but like his other stuff. Hellraiser; Friday the 13th, Halloween. Old classic Dracula and Frankenstien, Wolf Man. Did like Night of the Living Dead but when zombies became such a craze I got tired of hearing about them and stopped. For non horror I love Star Trek (TOS; TNG; DS9; Voyager and Enterprise); Dr Who 1 through 7. Don't like the new Dr Who.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't really like scary movies unless there is a good story to them like Stephen King.
I prefer romance movies, old or new is fine.

EmersonandEvie

Mom to Evie, Emerson and Dexter
Top Cat
Purraise
The original Halloween is one of my favorites. Friday the 13th. Scream. Signs. I Know What You Did Last Summer.

More recent, I think that The Conjuring and the Insidious series were extremely well done. The Conjuring actually made me sick to my stomach in the theater. I loved it! We own it now.

For a television series, The Haunting of Hill House was very good.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I'm not a big fan of scary movies and will usually take a pass but I have seen The Shining, Halloween and Rosemary's Baby. I remember going to the theater when I was a kid to see The Birds and had to run out in the lobby because I got scared. :eek2:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I don’t watch them now but did when my son lived at home. I remember the Ring and the Blair Witch Project as particularly scary ones. As a kid there were lots of terrifying ones we loved, like the Birds, Psycho, and The Blob.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like old, black and white horror movies, including "The Wolf Man," "The Mummy," "Cat People," and "Frankenstein." I like the newer "Wolf Man" and "Invisible Man." "The VVitch" was good even though I wish they would stop making witches eat/kill babies. I feel affronted! Haha! "Alien" and "Aliens" are both great.

I am not one for slasher films and prefer movies that are far from realistic if I am going to watch something scary.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like old, black and white horror movies, including "The Wolf Man," "The Mummy," "Cat People," and "Frankenstein." I like the newer "Wolf Man" and "Invisible Man." "The VVitch" was good even though I wish they would stop making witches eat/kill babies. I feel affronted! Haha! "Alien" and "Aliens" are both great.jj

My brother used to make stay up late Saturday night to watch Frankenstein, Wolf Man, The Mummy, The Invisible Man, etc. I kind of had a crush on Lon Chaney, Jr. He was always so sad looking.

Last edited: