Question of The Day. Sunday October 17th.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Hello,

It's almost the end of October so my thoughts are turning to all things dark and spooky.

👻

Who is your favourite villain from a movie, TV, comic book or animation?

I used to have a bit of a crush on Spike from Buffy The Vampire Slayer. I loved him for his sarcasm as much as his bleached hair and cheekbones.

I also really liked Stansfield, Gary Oldman's character in Leon. And Zorg, Gary Oldman's character in The Fifth Element. Plus, he had Tricky as one of his henchmen, which wins him extra meany points.

Who are your favourite villains?

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The Sheriff of Nottingham in Robin Hood Prince of Thieves. Played by Alan Rickman. He was fantastic.

Cruella DeVil in 101 Dalmations. The 1996 version with Glenn Close as Cruella.

Duchess the cat in Babe. I love that movie and Duchess.

Rickman was good there, but I liked him as Elliott Marston in Quigley Down Under as well. The guy had evil down to a science.
Edit: I almost forgot Harvey Korman as Hedley Lamarr in Blazing Saddles.

Last edited:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Duchess is magnificent! Do you think Sophie and Lilith take after her in any way?

Lilith can be. She's very sweet (only to me) but she can also be very bossy and demanding. Sophie is more laid back but she gets jealous if Lily is closer to me than she is. When I go to bed I make Lily a nest with a blanket. When Sophie comes in she will lay down on the other side of me but the peace doesn't last. She will eventually pounce on her sister and chase her off. I guess they are both like her in a way but Lilith is the real diva of the two.

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
Let's see here are a few:
Hans Gruber (played by Alan Rickman) in Die Hard is on the top of my list as best Villan ever. (Also it was his first role in a movie.) Wow!:clap::clap2:

Sir Ian McKellan as Magneto in The X Men.

The Joker couldn't be left off the list. I like Heath Ledger and Joaquin Pheonix's performances in this role.

Glenn Close was in a few movies where I thought she played a great villain; Dangerous Liaisons and Fatal Attraction. She ofcourse was great as Cruilla DeVil.

I also love Angelica Houston as the mean Step Mother in Ever After. She was superb in that role. So happy when her and her daughter got their just desserts in the end.😁

These are but a few of evil villains who were memorable. 🙂

scoutandmaxine

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have to second Sir Ian McKellan as Magneto. He will always be a favorite of mine. Although sometimes I think he was right and not so much of a villan at all. :evilgrin:

I also loved Lena Heady as Cersei Lannister in Game of Thrones.